Healthy Blueberry-Carrot Muffins Recipe šŸ’™šŸ§

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
Hey friends! Iā€™ve gotta share this amazing recipe I tried for Healthy Blueberry-Carrot Muffins! I whipped them up yesterday morning, and let me tell you, they turned out so delicious! šŸ„³ These muffins are not just tasty but packed with nutrients, making them a perfect breakfast or snack. The combination of sweet blueberries and shredded carrots is a game changer! Plus, theyā€™re super easy to make. Youā€™ll love them!

Healthy Blueberry-Carrot Muffins.jpg
Ingredients:
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 Ā½ cups blueberries
  • 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Ā½ teaspoon fine salt
  • Ā½ cup 2% low-fat milk
  • Ā½ cup melted virgin or extra-virgin coconut oil
  • Ā½ cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 medium carrots, shredded and squeezed dry
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Directions:
  1. Start by positioning an oven rack in the middle of your oven and preheating it to 350Ā°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and give them a light spray with cooking spray.
  2. Set aside Ā½ cup of the blueberries for topping later. In a large bowl, toss the rest of the blueberries and lightly crush them with a fork. This helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of your muffins. Then, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, and give it a good stir.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, shredded carrots, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla until there are no clumps of brown sugar left.
  4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones until just combined. Donā€™t stress about a few lumps; itā€™s all good!
  5. Divide the batter evenly among your muffin cups, and gently press the reserved blueberries into the tops of each muffin.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes. After that, take the pan out and sprinkle the muffins with turbinado sugar. Rotate the pan and bake for an additional 20 to 24 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
  7. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
I promise these muffins will be a hit! Enjoy them warm, and you might just find yourself going back for seconds! šŸ«šŸ„•

Back