Hearty Chicken and Potato Breakfast Skillet

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!
I wanted to share a recipe that has become a staple in my breakfast lineup: Chicken and Potato Breakfast Skillet. It's a hearty and satisfying dish that's perfect for starting your day on the right foot. Plus, it's super easy to make and customizable to your taste preferences!
Here's what you'll need:
Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
  • 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 4 eggs
  • Fresh parsley or chives for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the diced chicken breasts. Cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  2. In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the diced potatoes and cook until they are golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
  3. Once the potatoes are crispy, add the diced onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
  4. Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and dried thyme. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
  5. Using a spoon, create four wells in the mixture for the eggs. Crack an egg into each well. Cover the skillet and cook until the eggs are set to your desired doneness, about 5-7 minutes for runny yolks.
  6. Once the eggs are cooked, remove the skillet from the heat. Garnish the chicken and potato breakfast skillet with fresh parsley or chives for a pop of color and flavor.
  7. Serve hot and enjoy this hearty breakfast skillet with your favorite hot sauce or salsa on the side!
I hope you all give this Chicken and Potato Breakfast Skillet a try. It's a delicious way to start your day, and I'd love to hear your feedback and any variations you come up with! Let's share our breakfast favorites and inspire each other in the kitchen.

Attachments

• I-Heart-Naptime-egg-skillet-6 (1).jpg
    I-Heart-Naptime-egg-skillet-6 (1).jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 80
This recipe sounds delicious and definitely worth a try! I love how versatile it is, allowing for personal touches like adding different veggies or spices. Thanks for sharing! 💓

This skillet dish, in my opinion, is a great blend of tasty spices, delicate chicken, and hearty potatoes that are all cooked till crispy and golden. It's impossible to resist the aroma that permeates the kitchen while it cooks!

Back