Help! My skillet's got rust – what went wrong?

yunggunna

Culinary Explorer
Help people! 😟 My old and trusty skillet has rust, and I'm at a loss for what went wrong. 🍳🔍 I've been taking care of it as much as I can, but somehow, rust seeped in. 😬 Any veteran chefs out there who can share tips and tricks on preventing and fixing this issue?

If you stored your skillet in a humid or moist environment without proper ventilation it can accelerate rust formation. To remove the rust you just have to be patient brushing those rust with steel wool or scrub brush. Also, after you brush those rust you have to properly seasoned your skillet by applying cooking oil all over your skillet and stored it properly. 😉👌

Yikes! Rust on a skillet is never fun. I think storing it in a dry place could prevent rust from forming. Though, a little elbow grease with steel wool and re-seasoning might be needed now. 💪

Uh-oh, rust can be a bummer! 😬 Sounds like moisture might've gotten to your skillet. Make sure to dry it thoroughly after washing, and store it in a dry place. If the rust isn’t too bad, you can scrub it off with steel wool and re-season your skillet. Hope that helps!

Help people! 😟 My old and trusty skillet has rust, and I'm at a loss for what went wrong. 🍳🔍 I've been taking care of it as much as I can, but somehow, rust seeped in. 😬 Any veteran chefs out there who can share tips and tricks on preventing and fixing this issue?
Rusty skillet blues? Don't panic! Moisture left behind is a common culprit. Dry thoroughly after washing, or season it for a protective layer!

Don't worry, rust happens even with the best care sometimes! To prevent it, make sure to thoroughly dry your skillet after washing, and lightly oil it before storing. If rust does appear, scrub it off with steel wool or a scrubbing pad, then re-season your skillet by coating it with a thin layer of oil and baking it in the oven at a low temperature. With some TLC, your skillet will be good as new! 🍳🔍

Back