Help! Why Does My Dal Taste Bitter?

Dawn

Culinary Explorer
Hey, cooking community! 🤷‍♂️🍲 I need your help – why does my dal taste bitter? 🤔 I've followed the recipe, but something's off. Any tips or insights on what might be causing the bitterness? Let's troubleshoot this together! 🥄🔍

Hey, cooking community! 🤷‍♂️🍲 I need your help – why does my dal taste bitter? 🤔 I've followed the recipe, but something's off. Any tips or insights on what might be causing the bitterness? Let's troubleshoot this together! 🥄🔍
Bitter dal can be caused by overcooking spices, burnt garlic/onions, or unrinsed lentils/beans. Adjusting cooking time and seasoning can fix it! 🍲🌿

Hey there! If your dal's tasting bitter, it could be the spices—make sure they're fresh and not burnt when you temper them. Also, try adding a pinch of sugar or a squeeze of lemon at the end to balance the flavors. And don't forget to adjust salt—it can make a big difference. Hope this helps! 😊

I think the bitterness might be from overcooking the spices. Try adding them at the end instead, though it might take some practice. 🌶️

Back