Homemade banana ketchup

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
BANANA KETCHUP.jpg
Hey fellow foodies! 🍌 If you love bananas as much as I do, you're in for a treat with this sweet and tangy condiment that's perfect for dipping, spreading, or adding a tropical twist to your favorite dishes.

Ingredients:
  • 6 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
  • 1 cup white vinegar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup tomato paste
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the mashed bananas, white vinegar, and brown sugar.
  2. Stir in the tomato paste, minced garlic, and chopped onion.
  3. Add the ground allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, and cloves, and season with salt to taste.
  4. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and let it cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens to your desired consistency.
  5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the banana ketchup cool completely.
  6. Once cooled, transfer the banana ketchup to sterilized jars or bottles for storage.
  7. Enjoy your homemade banana ketchup on burgers, fries, hot dogs, or any dish that could use a tropical twist!
Let me know if you give it a try and how you like it! 🍌🍅✨

This homemade banana ketchup recipe sounds so intriguing! 🍌🍅 I've never tried making my own ketchup before, but I love the idea of a sweet and tangy twist with bananas. Can't wait to give it a go. 👍

View attachment 3277Hey fellow foodies! 🍌 If you love bananas as much as I do, you're in for a treat with this sweet and tangy condiment that's perfect for dipping, spreading, or adding a tropical twist to your favorite dishes.

Ingredients:
  • 6 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
  • 1 cup white vinegar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup tomato paste
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the mashed bananas, white vinegar, and brown sugar.
  2. Stir in the tomato paste, minced garlic, and chopped onion.
  3. Add the ground allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, and cloves, and season with salt to taste.
  4. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and let it cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens to your desired consistency.
  5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the banana ketchup cool completely.
  6. Once cooled, transfer the banana ketchup to sterilized jars or bottles for storage.
  7. Enjoy your homemade banana ketchup on burgers, fries, hot dogs, or any dish that could use a tropical twist!
Let me know if you give it a try and how you like it! 🍌🍅✨
Oh wow, I've never heard of banana ketchup before! 🍌🍅 Sounds intriguing. Is it sweet like regular ketchup?

Just whipped up a batch of homemade banana ketchup and it's a game-changer! Sweet, tangy, with a hint of spice, it's the perfect condiment for fries, burgers, or anything else you can think of. Plus, it's a fun twist on a classic favorite! 🍌🍅🌶️

Wow, your homemade banana ketchup recipe sounds intriguing! 🍌🍅 I've never tried making it from scratch before. It must have a unique sweetness with a hint of tanginess. Can't wait to give this a whirl—thanks for sharing your creative recipe!

Back