Homemade Burritos

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! Try this homemade burritos, these delicious wraps are filled with seasoned meat, rice veggies and more. It is easy to make and totally customizable with your favorite toppings. Let's get cooking!
1711697562818.png

Ingredients:

For the filling:
  • 1 lb (450g) ground beef or turkey (you can also use shredded chicken, pork, or beans for a vegetarian option)
    268×381
    134.7 kB
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed (if not using meat)
  • 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
  • Juice of 1 lime (optional)
For assembling:
  • Large flour tortillas
  • Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, guacamole, chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, hot sauce, etc.
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Filling:
    • In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
    • Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
    • If using ground meat, add it to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks.
    • If using cooked shredded meat or beans, add them to the skillet along with the diced bell pepper, cooked rice, black beans (if using), and corn kernels.
    • Season the filling with ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
    • If desired, squeeze lime juice over the filling and stir in chopped cilantro.
    • Let the filling simmer for a few minutes until everything is heated through and well combined. Remove from heat.
  2. Assemble the Burritos:
    • Lay a flour tortilla flat on a clean surface.
    • Spoon a generous amount of the filling onto the center of the tortilla.
    • Sprinkle some shredded cheese over the filling.
    • Add any optional toppings you like, such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, or jalapeños.
    • Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling, then roll it up tightly from the bottom to form a burrito.
  3. Serve:
    • Place the assembled burritos seam-side down on a plate.
    • Optionally, you can warm them up in the microwave or on a skillet for a few minutes to melt the cheese and crisp up the tortilla.
    • Serve the burritos immediately with additional toppings on the side, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade burritos!

Hey guys! Try this homemade burritos, these delicious wraps are filled with seasoned meat, rice veggies and more. It is easy to make and totally customizable with your favorite toppings. Let's get cooking!
268×381
134.7 kB

View attachment 968
Ingredients:

For the filling:
  • 1 lb (450g) ground beef or turkey (you can also use shredded chicken, pork, or beans for a vegetarian option)
    268×381
    134.7 kB
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed (if not using meat)
  • 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
  • Juice of 1 lime (optional)
For assembling:
  • Large flour tortillas
  • Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, guacamole, chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, hot sauce, etc.
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Filling:
    • In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
    • Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
    • If using ground meat, add it to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks.
    • If using cooked shredded meat or beans, add them to the skillet along with the diced bell pepper, cooked rice, black beans (if using), and corn kernels.
    • Season the filling with ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
    • If desired, squeeze lime juice over the filling and stir in chopped cilantro.
    • Let the filling simmer for a few minutes until everything is heated through and well combined. Remove from heat.
  2. Assemble the Burritos:
    • Lay a flour tortilla flat on a clean surface.
    • Spoon a generous amount of the filling onto the center of the tortilla.
    • Sprinkle some shredded cheese over the filling.
    • Add any optional toppings you like, such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, or jalapeños.
    • Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling, then roll it up tightly from the bottom to form a burrito.
  3. Serve:
    • Place the assembled burritos seam-side down on a plate.
    • Optionally, you can warm them up in the microwave or on a skillet for a few minutes to melt the cheese and crisp up the tortilla.
    • Serve the burritos immediately with additional toppings on the side, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade burritos!
Wanna try these lovely homemade burritos. Thanks for sharing this recipe😊

I made these for dinner last night, and they were a huge hit with the family. The combination of seasoned ground beef, beans, rice, and cheese wrapped in a warm tortilla was absolute perfection. Plus, they're so customizable - everyone could build their burrito just the way they liked it.🌯

This is just amazing. Your recipe is very easy to follow. I don't really cook at all, but reading this recipe made me feel that I can do this with out any help. Thank you. Easy to prepare as well.

Wow, your homemade burritos recipe looks incredible! I love how customizable it is with different protein options and toppings. Can't wait to try making these for dinner tonight – I think it'll be a hit with my family! 😊

Made these last night but subbed sliced mushrooms instead of mince and paired them with the avocado crema. These were soooo good ( ๑‾̀◡‾́)✨ Can’t wait to have these again!

Sounds absolutely delicious! 🌯🥩 Homemade burritos filled with seasoned meat, rice, veggies, and more are sure to be a hit. Thanks for sharing this tasty and customizable recipe—I'm ready to get cooking and customize my own delicious burrito creation! 🌟

Your Homemade Burritos recipe sounds fantastic! There's something so satisfying about crafting your own burritos, filled with all your favorite ingredients just the way you like them. Plus, the versatility of burritos means you can get creative with different fillings and toppings to suit your taste preferences. Thanks for sharing this delicious idea with us! I'm definitely inspired to whip up some homemade burritos for my next meal.

I just whipped up these homemade burritos, and they turned out amazing! 🌯 They're packed with seasoned meat, rice, veggies, and all the good stuff. Plus, the best part is you can totally customize them with your favorite toppings.

Back