Homemade Buttery Cornbread

cloudy_00

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! 👋

I recently tried my hand at making some homemade buttery cornbread, and I couldn't wait to share the recipe with you all! There's just something about the warm, comforting aroma of freshly baked cornbread that fills the kitchen with joy.

And trust me, this recipe will have you coming back for seconds (and maybe even thirds)!

So without further ado, let's get started. 😊

buttery cornbread.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 large eggs

Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cornmeal, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs until thoroughly combined.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are perfectly fine.
  5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly.
  6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  7. Once baked, remove the cornbread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
  8. Serve warm with a pat of butter on top, and enjoy the deliciousness!
I hope you all enjoy making and devouring this buttery cornbread as much as I did! It's perfect for accompanying soups, stews, or simply as a tasty snack on its own. Let me know how it turns out for you, and feel free to share any variations or tips you discover along the way.

Happy baking! 💛

Hey everyone! 👋

I recently tried my hand at making some homemade buttery cornbread, and I couldn't wait to share the recipe with you all! There's just something about the warm, comforting aroma of freshly baked cornbread that fills the kitchen with joy.

And trust me, this recipe will have you coming back for seconds (and maybe even thirds)!

View attachment 1249

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 large eggs

Instructions:
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cornmeal, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs until thoroughly combined.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are perfectly fine.
  6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  7. Once baked, remove the cornbread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
I hope you all enjoy making and devouring this buttery cornbread as much as I did! It's perfect for accompanying soups, stews, or simply as a tasty snack on its own. Let me know how it turns out for you, and feel free to share any variations or tips you discover along the way.

Happy baking! 💛
If you wanna kick up the flavor of that cornbread, try adding a handful of shredded cheddar cheese to the batter. It takes it to a whole new level...Enjoy! 🌽🧀✨

Hey everyone! 👋

View attachment 1249

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 large eggs

Instructions:

Happy baking! 💛
Thanks a bunch for sharing the Homemade Buttery Cornbread recipe! It sounds like the perfect comfort food, especially with that delicious buttery flavor. Can't wait to bake up a batch and enjoy it warm with a pat of butter. 🌽🍞😋

Back