Homemade Greek Beef Pitas

Horton

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys, I found a recipe online and it is a savory and flavorful Greek Beef Pitas. It is really good and I love it, you will love it too guys. Just give it a try with this Greek Beef Pitas.
1199×830
165.5 kB

greekbeefpitas.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Beef:
  • 1 pound ground beef (lean)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
  • 1/2 cucumber, grated and squeezed to remove excess moisture
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
For Serving:
  • 4 pita bread rounds
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce or chopped romaine
  • Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish (optional)
  • Kalamata olives, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned ground beef mixture to the skillet and cook, breaking it apart with a spatula, until browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl, prepare the tzatziki sauce by combining the Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, minced garlic, lemon juice, chopped fresh dill, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
  4. Warm the pita bread rounds in a toaster oven or microwave until soft and pliable.
  5. To assemble the Greek Beef Pitas, spread a generous spoonful of tzatziki sauce onto each pita bread round.
  6. Top with a portion of the cooked ground beef, followed by cherry tomatoes, red onion slices, shredded lettuce or chopped romaine, crumbled feta cheese (if using), and Kalamata olives.
  7. Fold the sides of each pita over the filling to create a pocket or roll it up into a wrap.
  8. Serve the Greek Beef Pitas immediately, and enjoy the delicious flavors of Greece!
Feel free to customize your Greek Beef Pitas by adding other toppings such as diced cucumbers, bell peppers, or fresh herbs like parsley or mint. You can also serve them with a side of Greek salad or roasted potatoes for a complete meal. Get creative and make them your own!

Oh, count me in for a Greek flavor explosion! 🇬🇷🥙 Can't wait to try your Homemade Greek Beef Pitas recipe! Thanks a bunch for sharing—I'm already imagining those juicy beef strips nestled in warm, pillowy pitas with all the flavorful toppings! 😋👌

Oh, count me in for a Greek flavor explosion! 🇬🇷🥙 Can't wait to try your Homemade Greek Beef Pitas recipe! Thanks a bunch for sharing—I'm already imagining those juicy beef strips nestled in warm, pillowy pitas with all the flavorful toppings! 😋👌
You should try it ASAP, I'm sure that you won't regret it😁

Nothing beats homemade Greek food! 🥩 Your beef pitas recipe sounds like a winner. Thanks for sharing – I'll be whipping these up in no time!

Greek Beef Pitas sound absolutely delicious! 🇬🥙 Thanks for sharing your discovery—I can't wait to try this savory and flavorful dish. It sounds like a perfect way to enjoy the taste of Greece at home! 😋🌟

Back