Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream Delight

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey dessert enthusiasts! I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite indulgences: Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream. It's creamy, rich, and oh-so-delicious, with the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors. Plus, making it at home allows you to customize it just the way you like. Here's how to whip up this decadent treat:
1712456985208.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 large egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup caramel sauce (store-bought or homemade)
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt (plus extra for sprinkling)
  • Optional toppings: chopped nuts, whipped cream, extra caramel sauce
Instructions:
  1. In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream and whole milk. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat until it just begins to simmer, then remove it from the heat and set it aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and egg yolks until pale and slightly thickened.
  3. Slowly pour the warm cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
  4. Return the mixture to the saucepan and place it back over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
  5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, caramel sauce, and sea salt until well combined.
  6. Strain the ice cream base through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl to remove any lumps or bits of cooked egg.
  7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface of the ice cream base to prevent a skin from forming. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
  8. Once chilled, pour the ice cream base into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
  9. Transfer the churned ice cream to a freezer-safe container, swirling in extra caramel sauce if desired. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top.
  10. Cover the container and freeze the ice cream for at least 4 hours or until firm.
  11. Scoop the Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream into bowls, top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy every creamy, caramel-y bite!
I hope you all enjoy making and indulging in this luxurious Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try and share your thoughts. Happy scooping!

Back