Homemade Sweet Tea 🍋

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
Homemade sweet tea is the ultimate summer drink. I enjoy preparing a large pitcher to serve to guests, and with less than 100 calories per serving, it’s a great alternative to store-bought options. Everyone should try this! 🥰

Homemade Sweet Tea.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Simple Syrup:

• 1 cup water
  • 1 cup granulated sugar (super-fine, organic, coconut, or brown)
For the Iced Tea:

• 7 cups water
  • 2-3 family-size cold brew tea bags
Instructions:
For the Simple Syrup:

1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil.
  2. Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
  3. Remove from heat and pour the simple syrup into a heat-resistant, airtight jar to cool completely (and store).
For the Tea:

1. In a ½ gallon pitcher, pour 8 cups water over 2 family-size cold brew tea bags.
  2. Allow the tea to infuse the water for at least 5 minutes and up to 15 minutes.
  3. Discard the tea bags.

For Serving Sweet Tea:
  1. Pour sweet tea into glasses.
  2. Allow each person to sweeten their own tea with the Simple Syrup. Stir and add ice.
  3. Garnish with lemon slices, orange slices, raspberries, and/or mint leaves.
  4. Enjoy your refreshing homemade sweet tea!

Homemade sweet tea is my go-to summer sipper too! Your recipe looks super easy to follow, and I love that it's customizable with the simple syrup🍹

Homemade sweet tea is the ultimate summer drink. I enjoy preparing a large pitcher to serve to guests, and with less than 100 calories per serving, it’s a great alternative to store-bought options. Everyone should try this! 🥰

View attachment 3099
Ingredients:

For the Simple Syrup:

• 1 cup water
For the Iced Tea:

• 7 cups water
Instructions:
For the Simple Syrup:

3. Remove from heat and pour the simple syrup into a heat-resistant, airtight jar to cool completely (and store).
For the Tea:

1. In a ½ gallon pitcher, pour 8 cups water over 2 family-size cold brew tea bags.
  2. Allow the tea to infuse the water for at least 5 minutes and up to 15 minutes.
  3. Discard the tea bags.

For Serving Sweet Tea:
  2. Allow each person to sweeten their own tea with the Simple Syrup. Stir and add ice.
Hey, homemade sweet tea sounds like a summer dream! I love how easy it is to make and customize with different fruits and herbs. Definitely gonna whip up a pitcher for the next BBQ!

Hey, homemade sweet tea sounds like a summer dream! I love how easy it is to make and customize with different fruits and herbs. Definitely gonna whip up a pitcher for the next BBQ!
Oh, totally! Homemade sweet tea is the bomb, especially with some fruity twists! Gonna be the star of the BBQ, for sure! Thanks for the idea! 🍹🌞

View attachment 3099
Ingredients:

For the Simple Syrup:

• 1 cup water
For the Iced Tea:

• 7 cups water
Instructions:
For the Simple Syrup:

For the Tea:

3. Discard the tea bags.

For Serving Sweet Tea:
Though, the key to a great sweet tea is balancing the sweetness with the tartness of lemon, creating a harmonious flavor profile. 🍋✨

View attachment 3099
Ingredients:

For the Simple Syrup:

• 1 cup water
For the Iced Tea:

• 7 cups water
Instructions:
For the Simple Syrup:

For the Tea:

3. Discard the tea bags.

For Serving Sweet Tea:
Perfect for summer! Sweet tea is such a classic. Definitely going to try this recipe for my next backyard BBQ. 🍋☀️

Back