Homemade Zeppole

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, fellow foodies! I've got a treat straight from my grandmother's recipe book to share with you today – Zeppole! I can't wait to pass on the joy to you all!

Ingredients:
Homemade Zeppole.jpg

• 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 large eggs
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting
Instructions:
  1. In a saucepan, combine water, butter, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
  2. Reduce heat to low and add flour all at once. Stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
  3. Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes.
  4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. The dough should be smooth and glossy.
  5. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 375°F (190°C).
  6. Drop tablespoon-sized portions of dough into the hot oil, frying in batches to avoid overcrowding.
  7. Fry the zeppole until golden brown and puffed up, about 3-4 minutes, turning them occasionally for even cooking.
  8. Remove the zeppole from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
  9. Dust the warm zeppole generously with powdered sugar.
  10. Serve the zeppole warm and enjoy!
As I bite into a freshly fried Zeppole, I'm transported back to my grandmother's kitchen, surrounded by love and tradition. Buon appetito, my friends!✨

Hey there, fellow foodies! I've got a treat straight from my grandmother's recipe book to share with you today – Zeppole! I can't wait to pass on the joy to you all!

Ingredients:View attachment 1605
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 large eggs
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting
Instructions:
  1. In a saucepan, combine water, butter, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
  2. Reduce heat to low and add flour all at once. Stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
  3. Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes.
  4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. The dough should be smooth and glossy.
  5. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 375°F (190°C).
  6. Drop tablespoon-sized portions of dough into the hot oil, frying in batches to avoid overcrowding.
  7. Fry the zeppole until golden brown and puffed up, about 3-4 minutes, turning them occasionally for even cooking.
  8. Remove the zeppole from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
  9. Dust the warm zeppole generously with powdered sugar.
  10. Serve the zeppole warm and enjoy!
As I bite into a freshly fried Zeppole, I'm transported back to my grandmother's kitchen, surrounded by love and tradition. Buon appetito, my friends!✨
It sounds like a delightful and indulgent treat, perfect for satisfying cravings for Italian pastries. Can't wait to fry up some fluffy and crispy dough balls and dust them with powdered sugar for a delicious dessert. 🍩😋 Thanks for sharing.

Back