Hot Oil Noodles (Jamaican Jerk Style) 🍜₊ ⟡

beni

Tasty Apprentice
So there I was, browsing the interwebs and BAM! I stumbled upon this epic Jamaican food fest! 😍 Next thing you know, I'm in my kitchen, channeling my inner Jamaican chef. 🇯🇲 The aroma, the flavors, the colorful veggies - it's a party in my mouth! 🎉 Gotta share the love and the recipe!

jamaican jerk style.jpg
Ingredients:

• 8 oz (about 225g) noodles of your choice (such as spaghetti or lo mein noodles)
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
  • 1-2 Scotch bonnet peppers, thinly sliced (adjust to taste for spiciness)
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • Zest of 1 lime
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup snap peas, trimmed
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
  • Lime wedges (for serving)
Instructions:
  1. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, grated ginger, sliced scallions, and sliced Scotch bonnet peppers. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  3. Stir in the Jamaican jerk seasoning, ground allspice, and lime zest, coating the aromatics evenly.
  4. Add the sliced bell peppers, snap peas, and cherry tomatoes to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  5. Add the cooked noodles to the skillet, tossing well to coat them in the spicy oil and mix with the vegetables.
  6. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  7. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped cilantro.
  8. Serve hot, with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the noodles.
Get ready to take a flavor trip to Jamaica with our Hot Oil Noodles, Jamaican Jerk Style! 🌴🍜 Let the taste buds do the traveling!

So there I was, browsing the interwebs and BAM! I stumbled upon this epic Jamaican food fest! 😍 Next thing you know, I'm in my kitchen, channeling my inner Jamaican chef. 🇯🇲 The aroma, the flavors, the colorful veggies - it's a party in my mouth! 🎉 Gotta share the love and the recipe!

View attachment 1839Ingredients:
  • 8 oz (about 225g) noodles of your choice (such as spaghetti or lo mein noodles)
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
  • 1-2 Scotch bonnet peppers, thinly sliced (adjust to taste for spiciness)
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • Zest of 1 lime
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup snap peas, trimmed
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
  • Lime wedges (for serving)
Instructions:
  1. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, grated ginger, sliced scallions, and sliced Scotch bonnet peppers. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  3. Stir in the Jamaican jerk seasoning, ground allspice, and lime zest, coating the aromatics evenly.
  4. Add the sliced bell peppers, snap peas, and cherry tomatoes to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  5. Add the cooked noodles to the skillet, tossing well to coat them in the spicy oil and mix with the vegetables.
  6. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  7. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped cilantro.
  8. Serve hot, with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the noodles.
Get ready to take a flavor trip to Jamaica with our Hot Oil Noodles, Jamaican Jerk Style! 🌴
64×64 png
5.8 kB

🍜 Let the taste buds do the traveling!
Bro, tried these noodles with a twist - went Jamaican style. 🇯🇲 Used the recipe here but swapped the snap peas for edamame, gave it an extra kick! 🔥 Perfect fuel after a long day surfing. 🏄‍♂️

Last edited:
Bro, tried these noodles with a twist - went Jamaican style. 🇯🇲 Used the recipe here but swapped the snap peas for edamame, gave it an extra kick! 🔥 Perfect fuel after a long day surfing. 🏄‍♂️
Your recipe remix is rad! The swap from snap peas to edamame is genius! And those Jamaican noodles after surfing? Perfection! Thanks for the inspo! 🏄‍♂️🌶️🍜

Hot oil noodles Jamaican jerk style? Sounds like a tantalizing fusion of flavors that packs a punch! 🌶️🍜 Indulge in the spicy kick of jerk seasoning combined with the comforting warmth of noodles bathed in fragrant hot oil, creating a dish that's bold, flavorful, and utterly irresistible!

Hot oil noodles Jamaican jerk style? Sounds like a tantalizing fusion of flavors that packs a punch! 🌶️🍜 Indulge in the spicy kick of jerk seasoning combined with the comforting warmth of noodles bathed in fragrant hot oil, creating a dish that's bold, flavorful, and utterly irresistible!
I'm so excited that you're into the idea! 🎉 Mixing Jamaican jerk seasoning with hot oil noodles creates a flavor explosion! 😋 Try it and get hooked!

Back