Hot Sausage Cast-Iron Skillet Pan Pizza

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
Today, I'm sharing my mouthwatering recipe for Hot Sausage Cast-Iron Skillet Pan Pizza. Get ready to elevate your pizza game with a crispy crust, gooey cheese, and spicy sausage - all cooked to perfection in a cast-iron skillet!

Ingredients:
- 1 lb pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, torn (optional)

Hot Sausage Cast-Iron Skillet Pan Pizza.jpg

Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C). Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven while it preheats.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the hot Italian sausage, breaking it into crumbles with a spoon, until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and drain excess grease.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to fit the size of your cast-iron skillet.
4. Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and drizzle the olive oil into it. Swirl to coat the bottom and sides evenly with oil.
5. Carefully transfer the rolled-out pizza dough to the skillet, pressing it gently into the bottom and up the sides.
6. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
7. Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce, followed by the cooked sausage crumbles.
8. Add the remaining mozzarella cheese on top, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
9. Arrange the sliced pepperoni and any optional toppings (black olives, red onions, etc.) over the cheese.
10. Place the skillet back in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
11. Remove from the oven and let the pizza cool in the skillet for a few minutes before slicing.
12. Garnish with torn basil leaves, if desired, before serving.
13. Slice and enjoy your delicious Hot Sausage Cast-Iron Skillet Pan Pizza with family and friends! 🍕🔥

Awesome!! Cast iron skillets are the perfect way to get that crispy, golden brown crust and all the melty cheese goodness you could ask for 🧀🫠 The combo of hot sausage and pepperoni sounds delicious too ..definitely a crowd-pleaser recipe 🙌🙌

A delicious take on homemade pizza is this Hot Sausage Cast-Iron Skillet Pan Pizza. A reliable cast-iron pan cooks the crunchy crust, oozy cheese, and spicy sausage to perfection. It's perfect for relaxing on a quiet evening in or organizing a pizza night with friends. Let's prepare for an amazing pizza party! 🍕🔥

Hot Sausage Cast-Iron Skillet Pan Pizza? 🍕🔥 Now, that's what I call pizza perfection! 😋 I can practically smell the deliciousness through the screen. Can't wait to recreate this cozy, crispy, cheesy masterpiece in my own kitchen. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe – pizza night just got a serious upgrade!

Today, I'm sharing my mouthwatering recipe for Hot Sausage Cast-Iron Skillet Pan Pizza. Get ready to elevate your pizza game with a crispy crust, gooey cheese, and spicy sausage - all cooked to perfection in a cast-iron skillet!

Ingredients:
- 1 lb pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, torn (optional)

View attachment 2552

Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C). Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven while it preheats.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the hot Italian sausage, breaking it into crumbles with a spoon, until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and drain excess grease.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to fit the size of your cast-iron skillet.
4. Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and drizzle the olive oil into it. Swirl to coat the bottom and sides evenly with oil.
5. Carefully transfer the rolled-out pizza dough to the skillet, pressing it gently into the bottom and up the sides.
6. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
7. Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce, followed by the cooked sausage crumbles.
8. Add the remaining mozzarella cheese on top, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
9. Arrange the sliced pepperoni and any optional toppings (black olives, red onions, etc.) over the cheese.
10. Place the skillet back in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
11. Remove from the oven and let the pizza cool in the skillet for a few minutes before slicing.
12. Garnish with torn basil leaves, if desired, before serving.
13. Slice and enjoy your delicious Hot Sausage Cast-Iron Skillet Pan Pizza with family and friends! 🍕🔥
This hot sausage cast-iron skillet pan pizza sounds like the ultimate comfort food! I can already imagine the crispy crust and the savory flavors of the sausage melding together perfectly. Can't wait to give this recipe a try! Thanks for sharing!

Back