How can I thicken my tortilla soup?

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Hey, guys! So, my tortilla soup's kinda runny, and I'm aiming for thicker vibes. Tried flour, but meh, not the best outcome. Cornstarch? Arrowroot? Thoughts on other thickeners? Also, timing—when’s the perfect moment to mix them in? Really wanna nail this without turning it into glop. Tips? :unsure::unsure:

Hey, guys! So, my tortilla soup's kinda runny, and I'm aiming for thicker vibes. Tried flour, but meh, not the best outcome. Cornstarch? Arrowroot? Thoughts on other thickeners? Also, timing—when’s the perfect moment to mix them in? Really wanna nail this without turning it into glop. Tips? :unsure::unsure:
Cornstarch is your best bet for thickening tortilla soup. Mix it with cold water before adding to avoid lumps. Add it toward the end of cooking. Aim for a smooth, not gloopy, consistency. You got this! 🌽🥣

Cornstarch is your best bet for thickening tortilla soup. Mix it with cold water before adding to avoid lumps. Add it toward the end of cooking. Aim for a smooth, not gloopy, consistency. You got this! 🌽🥣
OMG!! I agree. Cornstarch is my ultimate thickening agent for my tortilla soup. I just mix it with cold water, pour it, and you'll nail that perfect consistency 🥰

OMG!! I agree. Cornstarch is my ultimate thickening agent for my tortilla soup. I just mix it with cold water, pour it, and you'll nail that perfect consistency 🥰
Cornstarch can definitely do wonders for thickening your tortilla soup. Mixing it with cold water is a great technique to prevent clumping. Just make sure to add it gradually and stir well to avoid any lumps. Timing-wise, aim to add it towards the end of cooking, giving it a chance to fully incorporate without over-thickening. You got this! 🌟

Oh, awesome tip! Definitely don't want lumpy soup. Thanks a ton for the cornstarch hack, gonna make my tortilla soup smooth and perfect next time! 🌽🙌

Back