How do you thicken apple pie filling?

Babylyn15

Novice Foodie
Hey pie-lovers, got a little problem with my apple pie filling; it just won’t thicken up right. Tried flour, but the consistency wasn’t ideal. Cornstarch gives a weird texture, too. Has anyone got that perfect, lush thickness? Would love to hear your go-to tips or any secret ingredients you have.

Hey! I totally get the struggle with apple pie filling-it's fine art! Have you experimented with tapioca starch? It's my secret weapon for getting that perfect, luscious thickness without messing up the texture. Also simmering the filling on the stove before baking can work wonders. 🍎🥧

To thicken apple pie filling, try mixing a tablespoon or two of cornstarch with your sliced apples and sugar before adding to the crust. It'll give your pie that perfect consistency without compromising on flavor! 🍏🥧

Totally get your apple pie filling struggle. Here's a trick I swear by: tapioca starch. It's like magic for thickening up fruit fillings without the weird textures you get from flour or cornstarch. Just mix it in with your apples and sugar before baking. Works like a charm every time! 🤗

Back