How long should I boil pasta?

cloudy_00

Novice Foodie
Helloo, fellas! 😊

I kept on wondering how you consider a good boil for pasta. To be honest, I need some guidance. Cause, the last time I made my pasta so soggy. I got frustrated!!! 😣😣

I wanna know the perfect timing to achieve the al dente texture. Please help. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! 🙏

Helloo, fellas! 😊

I kept on wondering how you consider a good boil for pasta. To be honest, I need some guidance. Cause, the last time I made my pasta so soggy. I got frustrated!!! 😣😣

I wanna know the perfect timing to achieve the al dente texture. Please help. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! 🙏
I think it's essential to follow the instructions on the package, as different types and brands may vary in cooking times. ⏳🍝

I think it's essential to follow the instructions on the package, as different types and brands may vary in cooking times. ⏳🍝
Yep I second this. Follow the back of the package and minus 2 minutes. When you are making your sauce and it's reduced and ready you pour in your pasta for 2 minutes and then serve piping hot and ready. Remember to save some of your pasta water!

Usually about 8-10 minutes! It depends on the type and brand, so check the package for the exact time. You want it al dente—firm but tender. Don't forget to salt the water for extra flavor! How do you like your pasta cooked?

Make sure to salt the water! I think it enhances the flavor of the pasta. Boil for 10 minutes for most types, though taste to be sure. 🧂👍

Back