🍲 Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe 🍲

deinleigh

Novice Foodie
View attachment 5209
Hey everyone! 🌟 Today, I’m excited to share one of my absolute favorite comfort foods: Hungarian Mushroom Soup. It’s hearty, flavorful, and perfect for cozy nights. 🍲🌿 I love how this soup combines earthy mushrooms with a touch of paprika and sour cream to create a rich, satisfying dish. Let’s dive into this delicious recipe!

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound mushrooms (button or cremini), sliced
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Procedure:

1. Sauté the Vegetables: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
  2. Cook the Mushrooms: Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and cook until they start to release their juices and become tender, about 7-10 minutes.
  3. Add Spices: Sprinkle in the paprika and thyme, stirring well to coat the mushrooms and onions with the spices.
  4. Make the Roux: Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes to form a roux, which will help thicken the soup.
  5. Add Broth: Gradually add the vegetable broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  6. Finish the Soup: Stir in the sour cream and soy sauce, mixing well until the soup is creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Serve: Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.

And there you have it—hearty, creamy, and oh-so-delicious Hungarian Mushroom Soup! 🍄🥄 Whether you’re looking for a warm bowl to brighten your day or a new favorite recipe to share with loved ones, this soup is a winner. Enjoy every spoonful and let me know how it turns out for you! 😋💛

This Hungarian mushroom soup looks so comforting! I love the rich, earthy flavors of mushroom soup, especially with that Hungarian twist. Do you have any special tips for making it extra creamy? 😍

View attachment 5209
Hey everyone! 🌟 Today, I’m excited to share one of my absolute favorite comfort foods: Hungarian Mushroom Soup. It’s hearty, flavorful, and perfect for cozy nights. 🍲🌿 I love how this soup combines earthy mushrooms with a touch of paprika and sour cream to create a rich, satisfying dish. Let’s dive into this delicious recipe!

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound mushrooms (button or cremini), sliced
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Procedure:

1. Sauté the Vegetables: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
  2. Cook the Mushrooms: Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and cook until they start to release their juices and become tender, about 7-10 minutes.
  3. Add Spices: Sprinkle in the paprika and thyme, stirring well to coat the mushrooms and onions with the spices.
  4. Make the Roux: Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes to form a roux, which will help thicken the soup.
  5. Add Broth: Gradually add the vegetable broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  6. Finish the Soup: Stir in the sour cream and soy sauce, mixing well until the soup is creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Serve: Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.

And there you have it—hearty, creamy, and oh-so-delicious Hungarian Mushroom Soup! 🍄🥄 Whether you’re looking for a warm bowl to brighten your day or a new favorite recipe to share with loved ones, this soup is a winner. Enjoy every spoonful and let me know how it turns out for you! 😋💛
Hungarian mushroom soup sounds so comforting and flavorful! I can’t wait to make a big pot of this. Thanks for sharing! 🍄🍲

Back