Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork

JulieBaker

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, Today, I'm thrilled to share with you my top-secret recipe for the most succulent pork ribs you've ever tasted ( I hope so :ROFLMAO:), so here it goes
Ingredients:

Instant pot BBQ Pulled pork.jpg

• 2 – 2.5 lb pork shoulder, sliced into 3–4 pieces
  • 2 tsp coarse sea salt
  • 2 TBSP olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, crushed
  • BBQ sauce
For the BBQ Sauce:

• 2 TBSP honey
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 TBSP unsulphured blackstrap molasses
  • 2 TBSP coconut aminos
Instructions:

1. Prep the Pork: Start by generously seasoning your pork ribs with the coarse sea salt. Let them hang out and soak up that flavor while you prepare the rest.
  2. Sear 'em up: Heat up your olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once it's nice and hot, sear your pork ribs until they're beautifully browned on all sides. This step is crucial for locking in those juices and building layers of flavor. Don't rush it – good things take time!
  3. Simmer to Perfection: Once your ribs are seared to perfection, add in the water, chopped onion, and crushed garlic. Cover your skillet or Dutch oven and let those bad boys simmer away for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the meat is tender and practically falling off the bone. This is the part where your kitchen starts smelling like a BBQ paradise – try not to drool!
  4. Make the Magic Sauce: While your ribs are simmering, whip up your irresistible BBQ sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, blackstrap molasses, and coconut aminos. Let it simmer and thicken up for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Trust me, the aroma alone will have you licking your lips in anticipation.
  5. Glaze and Grill: Once your ribs are tender and your sauce is thick and glossy, it's time to bring everything together. Fire up your grill to medium heat and brush your ribs generously with that luscious BBQ sauce. Grill them for a few minutes on each side, just until they get nice and caramelized.

Voila! Your epic pork ribs are ready to steal the show at your next backyard BBQ or cozy dinner party. And hey, if you end up with sauce all over your face, well, that just means you're doing it right!:ROFLMAO: Enjoy every messy, delicious bite, Thank you!

Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork - the ultimate dinner winner! This recipe is a lifesaver for busy days. Just set it and forget it in the Instant Pot, and in no time, you've got tender, flavorful pulled pork ready to be piled high on sandwiches or served over rice.

Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork - the ultimate dinner winner! This recipe is a lifesaver for busy days. Just set it and forget it in the Instant Pot, and in no time, you've got tender, flavorful pulled pork ready to be piled high on sandwiches or served over rice.
Absolutely love the simplicity of this recipe! It's always a hit with my family

Back