Jackfruit Curry

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey food-loving pals! 👋 Feeling the urge for some kitchen magic today? 🍳 🍽️ Let's transport ourselves to the heart of India with our tantalizing Jackfruit Curry recipe! 🌶️🥘 Get set to savor every delicious bite and indulge in a culinary adventure that'll leave you craving more! 💫😋"

Jackfruit Curry

Jackfruit Curry (1).jpg

Ingredients:

For Pressure Cooking Jackfruit:

• 250 grams unripe jackfruit (kathal)
  • 1 to 2 pinches turmeric powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • Water for pressure cooking
For Onion Paste:

• 80 grams onion (1 large onion)
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons water (optional)
For Tomato Masala Paste:

• 1 large tomato
  • 1 inch ginger
  • 8 to 10 garlic cloves
  • 1 tablespoon mint leaves
  • 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
For Jackfruit Curry:

• 2 tablespoons oil or ghee
  • ½ teaspoon shahi jeera (caraway seeds)
  • 1.5 inches cinnamon stick
  • 4 green cardamoms
  • 4 cloves
  • 1 black cardamom
  • 1 small to medium tej patta (Indian bay leaf)
  • ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
  • 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon coriander powder
  • 3 tablespoons full-fat yogurt
  • 1.25 cups water
  • ½ teaspoon garam masala
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:

1. Pressure Cook Jackfruit: Rinse and chop the jackfruit, then pressure cook with turmeric powder, salt, and water for 3 to 4 whistles.
  2. Prepare Onion Paste: Grind chopped onions into a smooth paste without adding water.
  3. Prepare Tomato Masala Paste: Grind tomatoes, ginger, garlic, mint leaves, and coriander leaves into a smooth paste.
  4. Make Jackfruit Curry: Heat oil in a pan, add spices, then sauté onion paste until golden. Add tomato masala paste and sauté till oil separates.
  5. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Mix well, then add beaten yogurt and sauté till oil releases.
  6. Pour water, season with salt, and simmer. Add cooked jackfruit, mix, and simmer for 8 to 9 minutes.
  7. Sprinkle garam masala, mix, and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
  8. Serve hot with rice or chapatis.
Enjoy your Jackfruit Curry! 🍽️

I love the idea of using jackfruit as a meat substitute, and the ingredient list is full of all my favorite Indian flavors. Thanks for sharing a recipe that includes instructions for pressure cooking the jackfruit too, for extra convenience 🤩

Get ready to savor the exotic flavors of Jackfruit Curry! 🌱🥥 This plant-based dish is bursting with deliciousness and perfect for a flavorful meal. Let's enjoy this unique culinary experience together! 🍽️

I love the idea of using jackfruit as a meat substitute, and the ingredient list is full of all my favorite Indian flavors. Thanks for sharing a recipe that includes instructions for pressure cooking the jackfruit too, for extra convenience 🤩
I'm thrilled you're excited about the recipe! 🌟🍽️ Using jackfruit as a meat substitute is such a game-changer, especially with those delicious Indian flavors, right? And pressure cooking makes it super convenient! 🙌 Can't wait for you to try it out – happy cooking! 🥳🍛

Back