Jalapeño Cheddar Soft Pretzels

EvanSeeker

Culinary Explorer
Craving a cheesy, spicy twist on a classic treat? These Jalapeño Cheddar Soft Pretzels are here to save the day! 🥨🧀 Let’s dive into this delicious recipe that'll make your taste buds dance!

Jalapeño Cheddar Soft Pretzels

Jalapeño Cheddar Soft Pretzels (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• For the Pretzel Dough:
    • 1 ½ cups warm water (110°F)
    • 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
    • 1 tablespoon sugar
    • 4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • For the Jalapeño Cheddar Filling:
    • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    • 1-2 fresh jalapeños, finely chopped (adjust based on heat preference)
  • For Boiling and Baking:
    • ¼ cup baking soda
    • 1 large egg, beaten
    • Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling

Instructions:

1. Activate the Yeast:
    • In a large bowl, combine the warm water and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let it sit for about 5 minutes, until it becomes frothy.
  2. Mix the Dough:
    • Add the flour, salt, and melted butter to the yeast mixture. Stir until a dough forms. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes, until it’s smooth and elastic.
  3. Let It Rise:
    • Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
  4. Prepare the Filling:
    • While the dough is rising, mix the shredded cheddar cheese and chopped jalapeños in a small bowl. Set aside.
  5. Shape the Pretzels:
    • Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
    • Punch down the dough and divide it into 8-10 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long rope, then shape it into a pretzel. For a cheesy twist, press some of the jalapeño cheddar mixture into the center before shaping.
  6. Boil and Bake:
    • In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil and stir in the baking soda. Carefully drop each pretzel into the boiling water for about 30 seconds, then remove and place on the prepared baking sheet.
    • Brush the pretzels with the beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
  7. Bake:
    • Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let them cool slightly before enjoying!

Enjoy Your Pretzels! 🎉

Serve these warm with your favorite dipping sauces or just as they are. Perfect for a game day snack or a cozy night in!

Looks good! I was down to one recipe. I love it. Me and my son have been enjoying the different eats. Thank you for the recipe. 😍

Yes, please! 🥨🧀 Spicy and cheesy, what's not to love? Gonna try making these and see if they turn out as good as they sound. Thanks for sharing!

Jalapeño cheddar in a soft pretzel? That's the perfect combo of spicy and cheesy goodness! Can't wait to try this one.

Back