Japanese-Inspired Chicken Teriyaki

wakabalo

Novice Foodie
Konnichiwa, food enthusiasts! Delight your taste buds with the sweet and savory flavors of Japan with this Japanese-Inspired Chicken Teriyaki. This fusion dish features tender chicken thighs glazed in a homemade teriyaki sauce, made with soy sauce, mirin, sake, and ginger. Serve this flavorful chicken teriyaki with steamed rice and a side of steamed vegetables for a taste of Japanese cuisine at home. Let's dive in and elevate your dinner table with this delicious fusion creation!
mall+style+chicken+teriyaki.jpg

Ingredients:
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup mirin
  • 1/4 cup sake (or dry white wine)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
For the Chicken:
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
  • Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, brown sugar, minced garlic, and grated ginger to make the teriyaki sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
  2. If you prefer a thicker sauce, mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of water to make a slurry. Stir the slurry into the simmering sauce, and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides.
  4. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken thighs to the pan, and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
  5. Once the chicken is cooked, reduce the heat to low and pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken in the pan.
  6. Allow the chicken to simmer in the teriyaki sauce for a few minutes, turning the chicken occasionally to coat it evenly in the sauce.
  7. Once the sauce has thickened and caramelized slightly, and the chicken is glazed and glossy, remove the pan from heat.
  8. Transfer the chicken teriyaki to a serving platter, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onions.
  9. Serve the Japanese-Inspired Chicken Teriyaki hot, with steamed rice and a side of steamed vegetables.
  10. Enjoy the sweet and savory flavors of this chicken teriyaki, a fusion of Japanese ingredients and techniques that will transport you to the bustling streets of Tokyo with every bite! いただきます! (Itadakimasu - Let's eat!)
With its tender chicken and flavorful teriyaki glaze, this dish is sure to be a hit at your dinner table. Whether you serve it for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, this fusion creation is guaranteed to impress your family and friends.

#TeriyakiYum! 😋 This looks fantastic anyways ..Love the homemade teriyaki sauce and the fusion twist ..Definitely trying this recipe at home 😍

This Japanese-Inspired Chicken Teriyaki recipe sounds absolutely mouthwatering! I can almost taste the delicious blend of sweet and savory flavors from the homemade teriyaki sauce. I can't wait to give this recipe a try and impress my family with a taste of Japanese cuisine right at home. Thanks for sharing! 😉👌👍✨

Konnichiwa! Your Chicken Teriyaki recipe looks incredible – I love the blend of sweet and savory flavors. I'm excited to try making it for dinner this week🍚🍗

Love a good teriyaki! This Japanese-inspired chicken teriyaki looks mouthwatering—thanks for sharing the recipe! Can't wait to whip this up for dinner! 😋

Back