Jollof Rice

strawberrykiss0325

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🌟I'm thrilled to share this mouthwatering Jollof Rice recipe with you all. Get ready for a burst of flavor and a journey to West Africa right from your own dinner table. Let me know if you guys have given it a try and if you enjoyed it!!
Jollof Rice.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups long-grain parboiled rice
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 3 ripe tomatoes, blended
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: cooked chicken, shrimp, or vegetables for added protein and flavor

Instructions:
  1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic, and ginger, and sauté until softened.
  2. Stir in the chopped bell peppers and continue to cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
  3. Add the blended tomatoes to the pot and cook until the mixture thickens and the oil starts to separate from the sauce, about 10-15 minutes.
  4. Stir in the thyme, curry powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
  5. Add the parboiled rice to the pot and stir until it's well coated with the tomato mixture.
  6. Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the rice simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until it's cooked through and fluffy.
  7. If desired, add cooked chicken, shrimp, or vegetables to the rice during the last few minutes of cooking.
  8. Once the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork and serve hot. Enjoy this flavorful and colorful Nigerian dish with your favorite side dishes or on its own!

Jollof Rice! 🍚😍 A classic favorite that never fails to hit the spot! Can practically smell the spices through the screen. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! Time to bring some West African flavors to my kitchen! 💃🏽🌟

Back