kentucky fried chicken coleslaw recipe

NANA_

Novice Foodie
Introduction:

I recently tried making the iconic Kentucky Fried Chicken Coleslaw at home, and it turned out just like the real deal! 🥗 The creamy, tangy dressing combined with the crunchy cabbage and carrots makes this coleslaw a perfect side dish for any meal. It's incredibly easy to make and absolutely delicious!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 tablespoons vinegar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons grated onion
  • 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
Procedure:

1. Prepare the Dressing: In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, milk, buttermilk, sugar, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Whisk until smooth.
  2. Add Onion: Stir in the grated onion until well mixed.
  3. Combine with Vegetables: Add the finely chopped cabbage and shredded carrot to the bowl. Toss everything together until the cabbage and carrots are thoroughly coated with the dressing.
  4. Chill: Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and the coleslaw to get nice and cold.
Conclusion:

And there you have it, the perfect KFC-style coleslaw! 🥬🥕 It’s creamy, tangy, and has just the right amount of sweetness. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Serve it up with your favorite fried chicken or BBQ, and you’ll feel like you’re dining right at KFC! Enjoy! 😋
Coleslaw-KFC-blog-4.jpg

Wow, your homemade KFC coleslaw sounds spot on! 🥗 Thanks for sharing the recipe—it’s awesome to hear you nailed that creamy, tangy goodness. Can’t wait to try it out at my next BBQ!

Back