Kettle Corn Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently whipped up a batch of homemade kettle corn, and it turned out so deliciously addictive. It's that perfect balance of sweet and salty that hits the spot every time. Here's how I make it:

Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions:

1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or kettle over medium-high heat. Add 3-4 popcorn kernels to the oil and cover the pot with a lid.
  2. Once the test kernels pop, quickly add the rest of the popcorn kernels and sprinkle evenly with the sugar.
  3. Immediately cover the pot again and shake gently to distribute the sugar among the kernels.
  4. As the popcorn starts popping, gently shake the pot every few seconds to prevent burning and ensure even popping.
  5. Once the popping slows down (after about 2-3 minutes), remove the pot from the heat. Carefully uncover the pot, being mindful of the hot steam.
  6. Sprinkle the kettle corn with salt while it's still hot, and continue to gently toss the popcorn to coat evenly with the sugar and salt mixture.
  7. Transfer the kettle corn to a large bowl and let it cool slightly before serving. Enjoy your sweet and salty homemade kettle corn!
    Kettle Corn Recipe.jpg
I find this recipe perfect for movie nights or as a treat for any occasion. Plus, it's so easy to make and customize with extra flavors like cinnamon or even a drizzle of chocolate. Can't wait to hear how yours turns out!

Happy popping! 🍿

This kettle corn recipe looks amazing! 🍿 I love the sweet and salty combo—can't wait to try it out! 😋✨ Thanks for sharing!

Hey, your homemade kettle corn sounds amazing! I love how it's sweet and salty—it's such a classic combo. I'm curious, have you ever tried adding any extra flavors like cinnamon or maybe a chocolate drizzle? Sounds like it'd take it to the next level! 🍿

Back