Kimchi Fried Rice: Spice It Nice, Easy as Rice!

wayv127

Novice Foodie
To all Korean Food lovers 🇰🇷
I'm here again to share you one of the easiest recipe to satisfy your cravings. This one can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or even dinner ;)This simple meal will surely make your tummy full😋

🌟KIMCHI FRIED RICE 🌟
Kimchi-Fried-Rice-.jpg

Ingredients

3tablespoons unsalted butter
½small onion, medium dice
1cup roughly chopped kimchi (6 ounces)
2tablespoons kimchi juice, or to taste
½cup small-dice Spam, ham or leftover cooked meat
2cups cooked, cooled rice (preferably short-grain)
2teaspoons soy sauce, or to taste
1teaspoon sesame oil, or to taste
2teaspoons vegetable oil
2eggs
Salt to taste
Crumbled or slivered nori (roasted seaweed) for garnish
Sesame seeds for garnish
Preparation
Step 1 - In a nonstick sauté pan or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat, and add onions. Cook, stirring, until the onions start to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Add kimchi and kimchi juice, and stir until it comes to a boil, about 3 minutes. Add Spam, and cook until sauce is nearly dried out, about 5 minutes.
Step 2 - Break up the rice in the pan with a spatula, and stir it to incorporate. Turn heat to medium. Cook, stirring, until the rice has absorbed the sauce and is very hot, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Taste, and adjust with more soy sauce, sesame oil or kimchi juice. Turn heat down slightly, but let the rice continue to cook, untouched, to lightly brown while you cook the eggs.
Step 3 - Place a small nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, and add the vegetable oil. When it is hot, add eggs, season with salt and fry to your desired doneness. Serve rice topped with fried eggs, nori and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.

This serving is usually for two but for me I eat it all in one seating coz can't just stop on eating it ;)

This is perfect with pork belly and kimchi! My mouth is drooling. I will cook later for my movie night 🤤🤤

This kimchi fried rice is so spicy and tasty, it'll have you saying "easy as rice" while savoring every bite! 🌶️🍚

Back