Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe

legendleejieun

Culinary Explorer
Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich.jpeg

Who said grilled cheese sandwiches have to be boring? Here’s a fusion recipe that’s sure to wake up your taste buds. This Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich is spicy, cheesy, and oh-so-satisfying. Perfect for a quick lunch or a late-night snack.

Ingredients:

• 2 slices of sourdough bread
  • 1/2 cup kimchi, drained and chopped
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp gochujang (Korean chili paste) – optional for extra spice
Procedure:

1. Spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
  2. Mix mayonnaise and gochujang (if using) and spread it on the unbuttered side of the bread.
  3. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, in a hot skillet.
  4. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the bread, then add the chopped kimchi, and top with the remaining cheese.
  5. Place the second slice of bread on top, butter side up.
  6. Cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes per side.
  7. Slice in half and serve hot.

Anddddd, There you go! A grilled cheese with a Korean twist. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll be hooked. Enjoy it while watching KDramas :) Happy snacking!

Omg, kimchi grilled cheese? That sounds incredible! 🤤🧀🔥 I never thought of that combo before. Definitely trying this soon! Thanks for the awesome idea!

View attachment 5304
Who said grilled cheese sandwiches have to be boring? Here’s a fusion recipe that’s sure to wake up your taste buds. This Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich is spicy, cheesy, and oh-so-satisfying. Perfect for a quick lunch or a late-night snack.

Ingredients:

• 2 slices of sourdough bread
  • 1/2 cup kimchi, drained and chopped
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp gochujang (Korean chili paste) – optional for extra spice
Procedure:

1. Spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
  2. Mix mayonnaise and gochujang (if using) and spread it on the unbuttered side of the bread.
  3. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, in a hot skillet.
  4. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the bread, then add the chopped kimchi, and top with the remaining cheese.
  5. Place the second slice of bread on top, butter side up.
  6. Cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes per side.
  7. Slice in half and serve hot.

Anddddd, There you go! A grilled cheese with a Korean twist. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll be hooked. Enjoy it while watching KDramas :) Happy snacking!
Kimchi in a grilled cheese? That sounds like an amazing twist! Definitely trying this out for my next snack. 🧀🔥

Back