Kung Pao Squid

ade11e

Novice Foodie
I once tried Kung Pao Chicken and I loved it so much but apparently, this year I got allergic to chicken so I tried looking for other alternatives that would still use Kung
Pao sauce and luckily, Kung Pao Squid is a great alternative. I'm sharing here a tongue-numbing recipe with a slightly sweet and savory sauce!

kung pao squid.jpg

Easy Kung Pao Squid Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 500g squid tubes, cleaned and sliced into rings
  • 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
  • 3-4 dried red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
  • 3-4 green onions, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

For the sauce:​

• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 teaspoon sugar

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Sauce:
    • In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and water until well combined. Set aside.
  2. Stir-Fry the Squid:
    • Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
    • Add the minced garlic, minced ginger, and chopped dried red chili peppers to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
    • Add the sliced squid rings to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until they are just cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the squid, as it can become tough.
    • Season the squid with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Add the Sauce and Peanuts:
    • Pour the prepared sauce over the cooked squid in the skillet.
    • Add the roasted peanuts and chopped green onions to the skillet, reserving some green onions for garnish.
    • Stir well to coat the squid and peanuts evenly with the sauce.
  4. Cook Until Thickened:
    • Continue cooking the squid and sauce mixture for another 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened slightly and coats the squid nicely.
  5. Serve:
    • Transfer the Kung Pao Squid to a serving platter or individual plates.
    • Garnish with remaining chopped green onions.
    • Serve hot as a main dish with steamed rice or noodles on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Kung Pao Squid with friends and family!

Feel free to adjust the spiciness of the dish by adding more or fewer dried red chili peppers according to your taste preferences. You can also add additional vegetables such as bell peppers or onions for extra flavor and texture.

I've never tried Kung Pao Squid before, but it sounds intriguing! 🦑🌶️ I love the idea of pairing tender squid with the bold flavors of Kung Pao sauce.

Kung Pao Squid is a mouthwatering Chinese dish that combines tender squid with crunchy peanuts, crisp vegetables, and a spicy-sweet sauce! 🦑🥜🌶️ With its bold flavors and satisfying textures, every bite is a delightful explosion of savory goodness. 😋🥢 Whether you prefer it with a kick of heat or a milder flavor, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving more! 🌟🍽️ Get ready to enjoy a culinary adventure with Kung Pao Squid!

I once tried Kung Pao Chicken and I loved it so much but apparently, this year I got allergic to chicken so I tried looking for other alternatives that would still use Kung
Pao sauce and luckily, Kung Pao Squid is a great alternative. I'm sharing here a tongue-numbing recipe with a slightly sweet and savory sauce!

View attachment 768

Easy Kung Pao Squid Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 500g squid tubes, cleaned and sliced into rings
  • 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
  • 3-4 dried red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
  • 3-4 green onions, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

For the sauce:​

• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 teaspoon sugar

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Sauce:
    • In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and water until well combined. Set aside.
  2. Stir-Fry the Squid:
    • Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
    • Add the minced garlic, minced ginger, and chopped dried red chili peppers to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
    • Add the sliced squid rings to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until they are just cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the squid, as it can become tough.
    • Season the squid with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Add the Sauce and Peanuts:
    • Pour the prepared sauce over the cooked squid in the skillet.
    • Add the roasted peanuts and chopped green onions to the skillet, reserving some green onions for garnish.
    • Stir well to coat the squid and peanuts evenly with the sauce.
  4. Cook Until Thickened:
    • Continue cooking the squid and sauce mixture for another 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened slightly and coats the squid nicely.
  5. Serve:
    • Transfer the Kung Pao Squid to a serving platter or individual plates.
    • Garnish with remaining chopped green onions.
    • Serve hot as a main dish with steamed rice or noodles on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Kung Pao Squid with friends and family!

Feel free to adjust the spiciness of the dish by adding more or fewer dried red chili peppers according to your taste preferences. You can also add additional vegetables such as bell peppers or onions for extra flavor and texture.
Kung Pao Squid? That's a game changer! Definitely adding this to my must-try list. 🦑🌶️

Back