Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone! 🍋🥧

I just made a lemon meringue pie and thought I'd share the recipe with you all. It's one of my favorites, especially now that summer is here! 🌞 I think you'll love the balance of tart and sweet, plus the meringue is so fluffy. Here’s how I make it:

Ingredients:

For the crust:

• 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the filling:

• 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 4 egg yolks, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons butter
For the meringue:

• 4 egg whites
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Make the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl, then add the melted butter and mix until combined. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool while you prepare the filling.
  3. Prepare the filling: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
  4. Temper the egg yolks: Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, then return it all to the saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon zest. Pour the filling into the crust.
  5. Make the meringue: Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the hot filling, sealing the edges to the crust.
  6. Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
    lemon meringue pie recipe.jpg
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try. Happy baking! 🍰✨

Hi everyone! 🍋🥧

I just made a lemon meringue pie and thought I'd share the recipe with you all. It's one of my favorites, especially now that summer is here! 🌞 I think you'll love the balance of tart and sweet, plus the meringue is so fluffy. Here’s how I make it:

Ingredients:

For the crust:

• 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the filling:

• 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 4 egg yolks, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons butter
For the meringue:

• 4 egg whites
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Make the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl, then add the melted butter and mix until combined. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool while you prepare the filling.
  3. Prepare the filling: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
  4. Temper the egg yolks: Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, then return it all to the saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon zest. Pour the filling into the crust.
  5. Make the meringue: Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the hot filling, sealing the edges to the crust.
  6. Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.View attachment 4291
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try. Happy baking! 🍰✨
I am already drooling even before I start baking. It seems so delicious, gonna try it soon. Thanks for this recipe!

Lemon meringue pie is such a classic summer dessert, and yours looks like it turned out perfectly. I love that you use a graham cracker crust - it adds a nice textural contrast to the filling and meringue. 🙂👌😉✨🌸

Back