Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Hey pasta pals! 🍝 I recently stumbled upon a recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto that knocked my socks off! 🍋🧀 Not your average pasta dish, but trust me, it's a flavor explosion! It's fresh, vibrant, and oh-so-satisfying! Perfect for impressing dinner guests or treating yourself to something special. Give it a whirl, and thank me later! 🌟

Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto.jpg

Ingredients:

• 8 oz pasta (such as spaghetti or fettuccine)
  • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
  • 4 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta and set it aside.
  2. In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the prosciutto slices and cook until crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the prosciutto from the skillet and set it aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
  3. In the same skillet, add the thawed peas and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Remove the peas from the skillet and set them aside.
  4. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Return the cooked pasta to the skillet over medium heat. Add the ricotta mixture and toss to coat the pasta evenly. If the sauce seems too thick, add a splash of reserved pasta water to thin it out.
  6. Add the cooked peas to the skillet and toss to combine with the pasta.
  7. Break the crispy prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle it over the pasta.
  8. Serve the Lemon Ricotta Pasta immediately, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley if desired.

Attachments

• Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto.jpg
    Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 28
The combination of creamy ricotta, zesty lemon, savory prosciutto, and sweet peas was absolutely delightful! Plus, it was super easy to make, which is always a bonus in my book. 😊 Thanks for sharing such a tasty dish! 😉🙂👌✨

Hey pasta pals! 🍝 I recently stumbled upon a recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto that knocked my socks off! 🍋🧀 Not your average pasta dish, but trust me, it's a flavor explosion! It's fresh, vibrant, and oh-so-satisfying! Perfect for impressing dinner guests or treating yourself to something special. Give it a whirl, and thank me later! 🌟

View attachment 2869

Ingredients:

• 8 oz pasta (such as spaghetti or fettuccine)
  • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
  • 4 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta and set it aside.
  2. In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the prosciutto slices and cook until crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the prosciutto from the skillet and set it aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
  3. In the same skillet, add the thawed peas and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Remove the peas from the skillet and set them aside.
  4. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Return the cooked pasta to the skillet over medium heat. Add the ricotta mixture and toss to coat the pasta evenly. If the sauce seems too thick, add a splash of reserved pasta water to thin it out.
  6. Add the cooked peas to the skillet and toss to combine with the pasta.
  7. Break the crispy prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle it over the pasta.
  8. Serve the Lemon Ricotta Pasta immediately, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley if desired.
Lemon ricotta pasta with peas and prosciutto? That combination sounds absolutely delightful! The creaminess of the ricotta combined with the zesty flavor of lemon, sweet peas, and salty prosciutto creates a perfect balance of flavors. Definitely adding this to my list of recipes to try soon! Thanks for sharing this delicious-sounding recipe!

Your Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto recipe is giving me major pasta cravings! 😋🍝 Love the combination of creamy ricotta, zesty lemon, and salty prosciutto - it's a flavor explosion in every bite! 🌿🥓 Can't wait to whip up a batch for a cozy dinner at home! Thanks for sharing this deliciousness!

Back