Lima Bean Stew Recipe

Kardel

Culinary Explorer
Looking for a hearty and nutritious dish? This Savory Lima Bean Stew is the perfect choice! It's packed with flavor and comfort, making it a great addition to any meal. Ideal for cozy dinners or as a satisfying side dish.
1200×973
28.8 kB

lima bean recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 pound dried lima beans, soaked overnight and drained
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Sauté Vegetables: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  2. Add Tomatoes and Spices: Stir in the diced tomatoes, bay leaves, dried thyme, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add Beans and Broth: Add the soaked and drained lima beans to the pot. Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth, stirring to combine.
  4. Simmer: Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and let it simmer for 1-1.5 hours, or until the lima beans are tender. Stir occasionally and add more broth if needed.
  5. Adjust Seasoning: Remove the bay leaves. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if necessary.
  6. Serve: Ladle the stew into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot with crusty bread or over rice for a complete meal.
This Savory Lima Bean Stew is a comforting and nutritious dish that's perfect for any occasion. Enjoy the rich flavors and hearty texture!

How does this dish taste? I'm curious because I love trying new hearty recipes that are packed with flavor.

This lima bean stew looks so comforting and hearty! 😋🍲 I’m loving the idea of using lima beans for a rich, flavorful stew. Can’t wait to give this a try—thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back