Malagkit Rice Porridge (Ginataang Bilo-bilo)

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I recently discovered the magic of cooking with malagkit rice, and I wanted to share a couple of delicious recipes with you all. Malagkit rice, also known as glutinous or sticky rice, has such a unique texture and flavor that it can elevate any dish, from breakfast to dinner. Here are a few recipes to get us started:
1712708630491.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup malagkit rice (glutinous rice), washed and drained
  • 4 cups coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
  • 1 cup small tapioca pearls (sago)
  • 1 cup sweet potato (kamote), cubed
  • 1 cup ripe jackfruit (langka), sliced
  • 1 cup ripe plantain (saba), sliced
  • Pandan leaves (optional)
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. In a pot, combine coconut milk, malagkit rice, and pandan leaves. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat and let it simmer until the rice is cooked and the mixture thickens.
  2. Add sugar and salt, stirring until fully dissolved.
  3. Add sweet potato, tapioca pearls, jackfruit, and plantain. Simmer until the sweet potato is soft and the tapioca pearls are translucent.
  4. Serve hot and enjoy this comforting and hearty breakfast porridge!
Hope you all enjoy these malagkit rice recipes as much as I do! Please feel free to share your own recipes and tips too. Happy cooking! 🍽️✨

Hey everyone!

I recently discovered the magic of cooking with malagkit rice, and I wanted to share a couple of delicious recipes with you all. Malagkit rice, also known as glutinous or sticky rice, has such a unique texture and flavor that it can elevate any dish, from breakfast to dinner. Here are a few recipes to get us started:
View attachment 1679
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup malagkit rice (glutinous rice), washed and drained
  • 4 cups coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
  • 1 cup small tapioca pearls (sago)
  • 1 cup sweet potato (kamote), cubed
  • 1 cup ripe jackfruit (langka), sliced
  • 1 cup ripe plantain (saba), sliced
  • Pandan leaves (optional)
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. In a pot, combine coconut milk, malagkit rice, and pandan leaves. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat and let it simmer until the rice is cooked and the mixture thickens.
  2. Add sugar and salt, stirring until fully dissolved.
  3. Add sweet potato, tapioca pearls, jackfruit, and plantain. Simmer until the sweet potato is soft and the tapioca pearls are translucent.
  4. Serve hot and enjoy this comforting and hearty breakfast porridge!
Hope you all enjoy these malagkit rice recipes as much as I do! Please feel free to share your own recipes and tips too. Happy cooking! 🍽️✨
What's the texture like after cooking the tapioca pearls along with the malagkit rice? 🤔 Would it be chewy or soft?

Wow, this Malagkit Rice Porridge recipe looks like the perfect comfort food!:) I can almost taste the rich flavors of coconut milk mingling with the sweetness of the fruits and tapioca pearls. Do you have any tips for ensuring the rice cooks evenly and becomes perfectly tender?

I remember eating this one when I was younger! I can't remember when was the last time I ate this so maybe this is a sign to make one! 💘 Thanks for this recipe! Wish me luck that the rice cooks perfectly! 😆

Back