Mashed Potatoes Recipe πŸ₯”

What an awesome recipe! I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did preparing this dish. πŸ₯” The answer is these beautiful mashed potatoes, and I have no doubt that they will remain your favorite in your household. Maybe they go well with the evening meal, or maybe they’re perfect whipped as a traditional dish for Thanksgiving. πŸ€—

mashed-potatoes-recipe-jpg.3766
Ingredients​

• 3 pounds russet potatoes, Yukon Golds, or a mix, peeled and cut into large chunks
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • Β½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), plus extra for serving
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1Β½ teaspoons sea salt, plus more for cooking water
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • ΒΌ to Β½ cup sour cream (optional)
  • Chopped fresh chives for garnish

Instructions​

1. Place the potatoes and garlic in a large pot. Cover with cold water, making sure the water is 1 inch above the potatoes. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water.
  2. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and return to the pot.
  3. Mash the potatoes and garlic with a potato masher. When partially mashed, add the butter, milk, salt, and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth.
  4. Fold in the sour cream, if using. Adjust seasoning to taste.
  5. Serve topped with extra butter and chives.

Attachments

• mashed-potatoes-recipe.jpg
    mashed-potatoes-recipe.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 88
What an awesome recipe! I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did preparing this dish. πŸ₯” The answer is these beautiful mashed potatoes, and I have no doubt that they will remain your favorite in your household. Maybe they go well with the evening meal, or maybe they’re perfect whipped as a traditional dish for Thanksgiving. πŸ€—

mashed-potatoes-recipe-jpg.3766
Ingredients​

• 3 pounds russet potatoes, Yukon Golds, or a mix, peeled and cut into large chunks
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • Β½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), plus extra for serving
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1Β½ teaspoons sea salt, plus more for cooking water
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • ΒΌ to Β½ cup sour cream (optional)
  • Chopped fresh chives for garnish

Instructions​

1. Place the potatoes and garlic in a large pot. Cover with cold water, making sure the water is 1 inch above the potatoes. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water.
  2. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and return to the pot.
  3. Mash the potatoes and garlic with a potato masher. When partially mashed, add the butter, milk, salt, and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth.
  4. Fold in the sour cream, if using. Adjust seasoning to taste.
  5. Serve topped with extra butter and chives.
This mashed potatoes recipe looks so creamy and delicious! Has anyone tried adding roasted garlic or a bit of cream cheese for extra flavor? Perfect comfort food! πŸ₯”πŸ§„πŸ΄

Back