Matcha Mochi Ice Cream

Aprodhite

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, fellow foodies! Today, I'm super excited to share my latest kitchen experiment :D my version of Matcha Mochi Ice Cream! This delightful fusion of Japanese flavors and creamy goodness is worth every bit of effort. Plus, who can resist that vibrant green color? so here it goes . . .
Ingredients:
  • 300g organic silken soft tofu, drained
  • 320g coconut cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla paste
  • 1 tsp arrowroot powder (optional)
  • 60ml maple syrupFor the mochi:
  • 35g cornflour, plus extra for dusting
  • 1 tsp matcha powder
  • 100g glutinous sweet white rice flour
  • 80g caster sugar
Instructions:
  1. First things first, let's prepare our ice cream base. In a blender, combine the drained tofu, coconut cream, vanilla paste, arrowroot powder (if using), and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and creamy. This might take a bit of patience, especially coaxing the tofu to play nice, but trust me, it's worth it!
  2. Once your ice cream base is silky smooth, pour it into a shallow dish and pop it into the freezer. We want it to firm up nicely, so give it a couple of hours to chill and set.
  3. While your ice cream base is chilling, let's tackle the mochi. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together the cornflour, matcha powder, glutinous sweet white rice flour, and caster sugar. This is where things might get a bit messy, so embrace the green cloud of matcha and flour—it's all part of the fun!
  4. Gradually stir in some water until you have a smooth, thick batter. We're aiming for a consistency that's thick but still spreadable, so don't be afraid to adjust the water accordingly.
  5. Now, pop your mochi batter into the microwave and zap it for about 2 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, as microwave powers can vary, and we don't want any unexpected mochi explosions!
  6. Once your mochi is cooked, it's time to get hands-on (literally)! Dust your work surface with cornflour to prevent sticking, then turn out the mochi dough and flatten it into a thin layer. This part can be a bit tricky, so don't worry if your mochi isn't perfect—it's all part of its charm!
  7. Grab your chilled ice cream base from the freezer and cut it into small squares. Place each square onto a mochi round and carefully wrap the mochi around it, pinching to seal. Again, perfection isn't the goal here—rustic mochi is just as delicious!
  8. Once all your ice cream squares are wrapped in mochi, pop them back into the freezer to firm up. This step requires a bit of patience, as we want the mochi to set nicely around the ice cream.
  9. Finally, once your Matcha Mochi Ice Cream has had time to chill and set, it's time to indulge! Serve them up on a hot summer day or whenever you need a little pick-me-up. Enjoy the creamy, matcha-infused goodness with every bite!

Embrace the mess, enjoy the process, and savor every delicious bite of your culinary creations. Oh, and if you're feeling extra fancy, sprinkle some extra matcha powder on top for a touch of green goodness! Bye for now ;)!
    matcha mochi ice cream.jpg

Sounds like a delicious fusion of Japanese flavors! I'm really curious about that bright green color and excited to taste it. Thanks for sharing your kitchen experiment with us! 🍵🍦

Wow, your Matcha Mochi Ice Cream looks absolutely divine! 😍 I'm loving the fusion of Japanese flavors and that vibrant green color is seriously eye-catching. Thanks for sharing your kitchen experiment with us—it sounds like the perfect treat for a hot summer day. Can't wait to give it a try! 😋

Wow, your Matcha Mochi Ice Cream looks absolutely divine! 😍 I'm loving the fusion of Japanese flavors and that vibrant green color is seriously eye-catching. Thanks for sharing your kitchen experiment with us—it sounds like the perfect treat for a hot summer day. Can't wait to give it a try! 😋
Heyyy! it's definitely a labor of love blending those Japanese flavors together. And yes, that vibrant green hue always catches everyone's eye 🥰

Back