Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad

yunggunna

Culinary Explorer
Hola, foodies! Get ready to spice up your taste buds with the vibrant flavors of Mexico in this Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad. This fusion dish takes the beloved Mexican street food, elote (grilled corn), and transforms it into a zesty and refreshing salad. With charred corn kernels, tangy lime crema, crumbled cotija cheese, and a kick of chili powder, each bite is a fiesta of flavors. Let's dive in and bring the lively spirit of Mexico to your dinner table with this delicious fusion creation!
corn-salad.jpg

Ingredients:

• 4 ears of corn, husked
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • Lime wedges, for serving
Instructions:

1. Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
  2. Brush the husked ears of corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  3. Grill the corn for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and tender.
  4. Once grilled, remove the corn from the grill and let it cool slightly. Then, using a sharp knife, carefully cut the kernels off the cob into a large bowl.
  5. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper to make the lime crema.
  6. Pour the lime crema over the grilled corn kernels and toss until evenly coated.
  7. Sprinkle the crumbled cotija cheese and chopped fresh cilantro over the corn salad, and toss gently to combine.
  8. Serve the Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad in individual bowls or on a platter, garnished with lime wedges on the side.
  9. Enjoy your zesty and refreshing Street Corn Salad, a delicious fusion of Mexican flavors that will transport you to the bustling streets of Mexico with every bite!
With its charred corn kernels, tangy lime crema, and crumbled cotija cheese, this Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad is sure to be a hit at your next fiesta or barbecue. Whether you serve it as a side dish or enjoy it as a light and refreshing snack, this fusion creation is guaranteed to impress. ¡Buen provecho!

This Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad has my taste buds tingling! The combination of sweet corn, tangy lime, creamy mayo, and spicy chili powder is absolute perfection. Can't wait to whip up a batch for my next BBQ or taco night! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! 🥗🌮

This Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad has my taste buds tingling! The combination of sweet corn, tangy lime, creamy mayo, and spicy chili powder is absolute perfection. Can't wait to whip up a batch for my next BBQ or taco night! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! 🥗🌮
I think a Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad sounds like a delicious and vibrant dish! 🌽 Though it's a salad, it's packed with flavor and textures reminiscent of street food in Mexico. 🇲🇽

Back