Mexican Street Corn Recipe 🌽

TOTO_

Novice Foodie
Mexican Street Corn Recipe 🌽
The first time I tasted Mexican street corn (Elote), I was wandering through a vibrant local market, the smoky aroma wafting through the air and lively chatter all around. It was love at first bite—the juicy, charred kernels coated in creamy, tangy, and spicy goodness. Recreating this treat at home has brought a fiesta of flavors to my table, and it’s a hit every time! Whether you’re having a backyard barbecue or a cozy dinner, this recipe is bound to steal the show. 🎉🌮

Ingredients 🛒

• 4 ears of corn, husked 🌽
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise 🥄
  • 1/4 cup sour cream 🥛
  • 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (or feta) 🧀
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder 🌶️
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika 🌶️
  • 1 clove garlic, minced 🧄
  • Juice of 1 lime 🍋
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 🌿
  • Salt to taste 🧂
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for grilling) 🛢️

Procedure 🍽️

1. Prepare the Corn:

1. Heat the Grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If you don’t have a grill, you can also use a grill pan on your stovetop. 🔥
  2. Brush Corn with Oil: Lightly brush the ears of corn with vegetable oil to prevent sticking. 🛢️
  3. Grill the Corn: Place the corn on the grill, turning occasionally, until the kernels are charred and tender, about 10-12 minutes. 🌽🔥
2. Prepare the Sauce:

1. Mix Sauce Ingredients: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Cotija cheese, chili powder, smoked paprika, and minced garlic. Mix until smooth and well combined. 🥄
  2. Add Lime Juice and Cilantro: Stir in the lime juice and chopped cilantro. Adjust seasoning with salt to taste. 🍋🌿
3. Assemble the Elote:

1. Coat Corn with Sauce: Once the corn is grilled to perfection, remove it from the grill and generously slather the sauce mixture over each ear, using a brush or spoon. 🌽🥄
  2. Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle additional Cotija cheese and a bit more chili powder on top for extra flavor and garnish with more cilantro if desired. Serve immediately while hot. 🍴

Conclusion 🌟

Bringing the vibrant taste of Mexican street corn to my kitchen has been a delightful adventure. The blend of smoky corn, creamy sauce, and a hint of spice creates a burst of flavors that’s simply irresistible. Every time I serve this dish, it feels like a mini celebration of food and culture. I hope this recipe brings the same joy and deliciousness to your home. Enjoy every bite! 😋🌽🎊

Mexican-Street-Corn-1-4-682x1024-1.jpg

Back