Mini Chocolate Cakes Recipe ๐Ÿซ

Mini chocolate cakes.jpg
Hey everyone! I tried making these mini chocolate cakes yesterday, and they turned out absolutely divine! ๐Ÿ˜ Theyโ€™re perfect for any occasion and are super easy to whip up. With rich chocolate flavor and a smooth buttercream frosting, these cakes are sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Hereโ€™s how you can make them:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup milk (preferably full-fat), at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup plain oil (like vegetable, canola, or peanut oil)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (optional)
For the Chocolate Buttercream:
  • 1 cup (250g) unsalted butter, softened
  • 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 5 tablespoons milk (preferably full-fat)
Decorations:
  • Finely shaved dark chocolate (or white chocolate)
  • Fresh raspberries and rosemary sprigs
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the Oven: Set your oven to 350ยฐF (180ยฐC). Prepare a 15.8 x 11.3 x 1 inch tray by buttering it and lining it with parchment paper.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt, and whisk to combine.
  3. Combine Wet Ingredients: Add the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water and stir into the batter. The batter will be quite thin.
  4. Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 13 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then lift the cake onto a rack using the parchment paper to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
  5. Assemble and Frost: Flip the cake onto a cutting board, peel off the parchment, and cut out 21 rounds using a cutter. Place each round on a small piece of paper and pipe frosting onto three layers of each cake. Smooth the frosting and decorate with chocolate shards, raspberries, and rosemary.
For the Chocolate Buttercream:
  1. Beat the butter for about 3 minutes until soft and fluffy.
  2. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating on low to avoid a mess. Once incorporated, add the cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat on high for 3 minutes until fluffy.
Storage Tips:
  • If making ahead, let the cakes cool completely, cover with paper, and then cling wrap. They stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days or can be frozen for up to 3 months. Assembled cakes also stay fresh in the fridge for 5 days.

Enjoy these delightful mini chocolate cakes! I hope you give this a try and love it as much as I did! ๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŽ‰

Wow, these mini chocolate cakes sound heavenly! ๐Ÿซ I love that you included instant coffee powderโ€”such a great way to enhance the chocolate flavor. The buttercream sounds super smooth too! Do you have any tips on getting the cakes extra moist? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Back