Moroccan Couscous

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
Couscous-with-Raisins-and-Almonds-1b.jpg

I recently tried making Moroccan Couscous, and it was such a flavorful and satisfying dish. The mix of spices, vegetables, and fluffy couscous made for a perfect meal that was both hearty and light. Here’s how you can make it at home:

Moroccan Couscous Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup couscous
  • 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth or water
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
  • Fresh cilantro for garnish

Instructions:​

1. In a pot, bring the vegetable broth or water to a boil. Remove from heat, add couscous, cover, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
  2. Fluff the couscous with a fork and set aside.
  3. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
  4. Add the zucchini, carrot, and bell pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
  5. Stir in the cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
  6. Mix in the cooked couscous, raisins, and almonds, and toss everything together.
  7. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
This dish was so easy to make and packed with flavors that reminded me of a warm, cozy kitchen. It’s definitely going to be a regular in my meal rotation. Enjoy! 🌿

Moroccan Couscous looks incredible! 🌟🍲 The flavors must be amazing—such a fun and unique dish. Can’t wait to try this out and impress my taste buds!

This sounds delicious! I've been wanting to try making Moroccan couscous for a while now. The combination of spices sounds so intriguing. I'm definitely going to try this recipe this weekend. 😉👌😋🤩

Back