Motsu Kimo - Beef Offal Stew

Kath_

Tasty Apprentice
Motsu Kimo is a hearty Japanese stew featuring beef offal, like tripe and liver, simmered in a flavorful broth with vegetables. It's a comforting dish perfect for those who enjoy rich, savory flavors.

🍲 **Ingredients**:
- 300g beef offal (tripe, liver, etc.), cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp sake (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Green onions, chopped (for garnish)

Motsu Kimo.jpg

🍲 **Instructions**:
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and sauté onion until softened.
2. Add beef offal and cook until browned.
3. Stir in soy sauce, miso paste, and sake, then pour in the broth.
4. Bring to a simmer, add carrots, and cook until offal is tender and carrots are cooked through, about 30-40 minutes.
5. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot. Enjoy the rich, savory taste of Motsu Kimo!

Motsu Kimo sounds like such a rich and flavorful stew! 🍲 Do you simmer it for hours to really develop those deep, savory flavors? I bet it’s super comforting!

Motsu Kimo is a hearty Japanese stew featuring beef offal, like tripe and liver, simmered in a flavorful broth with vegetables. It's a comforting dish perfect for those who enjoy rich, savory flavors.

🍲 **Ingredients**:
- 300g beef offal (tripe, liver, etc.), cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp sake (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Green onions, chopped (for garnish)

View attachment 5791

🍲 **Instructions**:
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and sauté onion until softened.
2. Add beef offal and cook until browned.
3. Stir in soy sauce, miso paste, and sake, then pour in the broth.
4. Bring to a simmer, add carrots, and cook until offal is tender and carrots are cooked through, about 30-40 minutes.
5. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot. Enjoy the rich, savory taste of Motsu Kimo!
I love the idea of offal stew! I think simmering it slowly helps tenderize the meat and meld the flavors though. 🥘🕰️

Whoa, Motsu Kimo! 🍲 This looks so hearty and flavorful! I’ve always been curious about beef offal—bet it’s packed with rich, savory goodness. 😋 Definitely adding this to my must-try list!

Motsu Kimo sounds delicious! 😋 It’s like a cozy hug in a bowl with all those rich, savory flavors. Perfect for a hearty meal! 🍲✨

Back