My BFF's Killer Hamantaschen

cheffyyow

Culinary Explorer
Alright, y'all, gather 'round because my bestie just blessed us with the most bomb hamantaschen recipe – and you know I had to share the wealth! ;)👌 These little triangular cookies are a staple during the Jewish holiday of Purim, but trust me, they're so dang good that you'll want to bake 'em year-round 😋

Hamantaschen_recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

For the dough:

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
  • 1 cup nuts (like walnuts or pecans), finely chopped
  • 1 cup dried fruit (like apricots or dates), finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger

Instructions:
  1. Let's start with the dough, shall we? In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set that aside for now.
  2. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
  3. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until a dough forms. Cover that bad boy and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour (or overnight, if you're feeling patient).
  4. While the dough is chilling, make the filling by combining the chopped nuts, dried fruit, honey, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl. Mix it all up until it's well-combined and set it aside.
  5. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  6. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it's about 1/4 inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter or a glass to cut out circles (about 3 inches in diameter).
  7. Place a heaping teaspoon of the filling in the center of each circle. Fold up the sides to form a triangle, pinching the corners firmly to seal them.
  8. Arrange the hamantaschen on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
  9. Let them cool slightly, and then get ready to dig in! These bad boys are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but they'll also keep for a few days in an airtight container.
There you have it, folks! A taste of my BFF's baking magic, straight from her kitchen to yours. Share 'em with your loved ones or keep 'em all to yourself (no judgment here) 🤭. Either way, these hamantaschen are sure to be a hit!

Alright, y'all, gather 'round because my bestie just blessed us with the most bomb hamantaschen recipe – and you know I had to share the wealth! ;)👌 These little triangular cookies are a staple during the Jewish holiday of Purim, but trust me, they're so dang good that you'll want to bake 'em year-round 😋

View attachment 3120
Ingredients:

For the dough:

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
  • 1 cup nuts (like walnuts or pecans), finely chopped
  • 1 cup dried fruit (like apricots or dates), finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger

Instructions:
  1. Let's start with the dough, shall we? In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set that aside for now.
  2. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
  3. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until a dough forms. Cover that bad boy and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour (or overnight, if you're feeling patient).
  4. While the dough is chilling, make the filling by combining the chopped nuts, dried fruit, honey, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl. Mix it all up until it's well-combined and set it aside.
  5. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  6. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it's about 1/4 inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter or a glass to cut out circles (about 3 inches in diameter).
  7. Place a heaping teaspoon of the filling in the center of each circle. Fold up the sides to form a triangle, pinching the corners firmly to seal them.
  8. Arrange the hamantaschen on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
  9. Let them cool slightly, and then get ready to dig in! These bad boys are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but they'll also keep for a few days in an airtight container.
There you have it, folks! A taste of my BFF's baking magic, straight from her kitchen to yours. Share 'em with your loved ones or keep 'em all to yourself (no judgment here) 🤭. Either way, these hamantaschen are sure to be a hit!
Wow, thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try making these hamantaschen. They look absolutely delicious! 🍪

Back