Naan Recipe

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a classic Indian bread that's perfect for scooping up curries or enjoying on its own: Naan! 🍞✨ With just a few simple ingredients, you can create fluffy and delicious naan right at home. Let's get cooking!\
225×228
121.5 kB

1717222533105.png

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup (180ml) warm water
  • 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
  • Optional: garlic, cilantro, nigella seeds for topping
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar and yeast in warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture, yogurt, and melted butter.
  3. Stir until the dough starts to come together, then knead it on a floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
  4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
  5. Once the dough has risen, divide it into 6-8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
  6. Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
  7. Roll out each dough ball into a thin oval or circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
  8. Place the naan on the hot skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and bubbly.
  9. Optional: Brush the cooked naan with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic, cilantro, or nigella seeds.

Serve hot and enjoy your homemade naan!

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to try out this naan recipe. The combination of warm water, yogurt, and melted butter sounds like it will make the naan super soft and tasty😋

Naan recipe? Yes, please! Homemade naan is always a game-changer. Can't wait to give this a whirl in my kitchen! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a classic Indian bread that's perfect for scooping up curries or enjoying on its own: Naan! 🍞✨ With just a few simple ingredients, you can create fluffy and delicious naan right at home. Let's get cooking!\
225×228
121.5 kB

View attachment 3660

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup (180ml) warm water
  • 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
  • Optional: garlic, cilantro, nigella seeds for topping
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar and yeast in warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture, yogurt, and melted butter.
  3. Stir until the dough starts to come together, then knead it on a floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
  4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
  5. Once the dough has risen, divide it into 6-8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
  6. Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
  7. Roll out each dough ball into a thin oval or circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
  8. Place the naan on the hot skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and bubbly.
  9. Optional: Brush the cooked naan with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic, cilantro, or nigella seeds.

Serve hot and enjoy your homemade naan!
This naan recipe looks fantastic! Has anyone tried adding garlic or herbs to the dough for extra flavor? Can't wait to pair this with my favorite curry! 🍛🍞🌿

I can truly say that I have fallen in love with Naan. I understand that it is the classic Indian bread that really does not take much time in preparing and is more than ideal to be served with your preferred curries or can even be relished individually. 🤤 😍

Homemade Naan: easy, fluffy, and versatile. Proofing dough and yogurt add softness and tang. Get cooking! 🍞✨

Homemade Naan: easy, fluffy, and versatile. Proofing dough and yogurt add softness and tang. Get cooking! 🍞✨
Oh, homemade naan is the bomb! With proofing and yogurt, it turns out so fluffy and tangy. Let's get cookin' and enjoy those delicious vibes! 🍞✨

Back