Nordic Breakfast Porridge Recipe

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
I want to share this recipe the Nordic Breakfast Porridge; this dish is a painting, a salad, combination of taste and consistency, it will fill you energy and curiosity for the day. I was inspired by the Artic region; this breakfast bowl is not only a piece of edible art but also a mixture of textures and tastes. The textures and flavors of nature’s finest ingredients: such as whole grains, yogurt, fruits and nuts –prepared in a manner that makes a perfect harmony of flavors and colors. A bowl of happiness – this healthy and delicious Scandinavian dish is the perfect way to start the day because not only will you get a delicious meal but also the feeling of pure happiness from the first taste. 🍓🫐🥛

Nordic Breakfast Porridge Recipe.jpeg

Ingredients:

• 2 1/2 cups whole milk
  • 1 cup barley flakes
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • Kosher salt

Toppings:

• 1 pint raspberries
  • 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
  • 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
  • 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, chopped
  • 4 teaspoons chia seeds, soaked in 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/4 cup whole milk
  • Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling

Directions:

1. Make the Barley Porridge: In a medium saucepan, bring the milk and barley flakes to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the milk is almost absorbed and the barley is soft and creamy. Stir in the sugar, butter, and a pinch of salt.
  2. Prepare the Toppings: In a small bowl, lightly mash the raspberries with the brown sugar using a fork.
  3. Assemble the Bowls: Divide the cooked barley porridge among 4 bowls. Arrange the toppings neatly around the edges of each bowl, including the mashed raspberries, apple matchsticks, pistachios, and soaked chia seeds. Drizzle each bowl with 1 tablespoon of milk and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Enjoy your delicious and nutritious barley porridge with raspberry topping!

Your Nordic Breakfast Porridge Recipe sounds like the perfect way to start the day! 🌅🥣 I love trying new breakfast ideas, especially ones that are hearty and nutritious. Can't wait to give this a whirl tomorrow morning! Thanks for sharing! 😋

Your recipe sounds like a delightful way to start the day! 🌅🥣 The combination of oats, seeds, and berries is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients to fuel your morning.

Oh, Nordic Breakfast Porridge sounds wonderful – like a smoothie bowl of all the tastes that energize one’s day and make it seem like a piece of art traced on the plate. I am almost tempted to try the grains mix, yogurt, fruits, and nuts. Total morning vibes!🍓🫐🥛

Your recipe sounds like a delightful way to start the day! 🌅🥣 The combination of oats, seeds, and berries is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients to fuel your morning.
Thanks for the love! Glad you're digging the Nordic Breakfast Porridge vibes! It's a powerhouse of yum and nutrition to kickstart your day! 🌟🥣

Oh, Nordic Breakfast Porridge sounds wonderful – like a smoothie bowl of all the tastes that energize one’s day and make it seem like a piece of art traced on the plate. I am almost tempted to try the grains mix, yogurt, fruits, and nuts. Total morning vibes!🍓🫐🥛
Totally! Nordic Breakfast Porridge is like a breakfast masterpiece! Gonna whip it up tomorrow morning for some major morning vibes! Thanks for the idea! 🌟🥣

I want to share this recipe the Nordic Breakfast Porridge; this dish is a painting, a salad, combination of taste and consistency, it will fill you energy and curiosity for the day. I was inspired by the Artic region; this breakfast bowl is not only a piece of edible art but also a mixture of textures and tastes. The textures and flavors of nature’s finest ingredients: such as whole grains, yogurt, fruits and nuts –prepared in a manner that makes a perfect harmony of flavors and colors. A bowl of happiness – this healthy and delicious Scandinavian dish is the perfect way to start the day because not only will you get a delicious meal but also the feeling of pure happiness from the first taste. 🍓🫐🥛

View attachment 3241
Ingredients:

• 2 1/2 cups whole milk
  • 1 cup barley flakes
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • Kosher salt

Toppings:

• 1 pint raspberries
  • 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
  • 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
  • 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, chopped
  • 4 teaspoons chia seeds, soaked in 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/4 cup whole milk
  • Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling

Directions:

1. Make the Barley Porridge: In a medium saucepan, bring the milk and barley flakes to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the milk is almost absorbed and the barley is soft and creamy. Stir in the sugar, butter, and a pinch of salt.
  2. Prepare the Toppings: In a small bowl, lightly mash the raspberries with the brown sugar using a fork.
  3. Assemble the Bowls: Divide the cooked barley porridge among 4 bowls. Arrange the toppings neatly around the edges of each bowl, including the mashed raspberries, apple matchsticks, pistachios, and soaked chia seeds. Drizzle each bowl with 1 tablespoon of milk and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Enjoy your delicious and nutritious barley porridge with raspberry topping!
Tried this for breakfast today—so comforting and delicious! Perfect start to a chilly morning! 🥣✨

Back