Pasta and beans with kale sauce ༉‧₊˚.

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
I'm totally hooked on the idea of sneaking some superfood kale into a velvety sauce. This smooth, creamy goodness packed with cannellini beans and a bunch of herbs was the perfect match for perfectly cooked pasta. Every bite was like a flavor explosion, a celebration of all things healthy and delicious. And as I savored every mouthful, I realized I had stumbled upon something seriously awesome: a dish that not only fueled the body but also made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ☁❤ I couldn't wait to spread the word and see the smiles on my friends' and family's faces when they taste this culinary goldmine. 🍝✨

Servings: 4
kale.jpg

Ingredients
  • 400 g kale (if you find cavolo nero, even better; substitute with the same amount)​
  • 5 garlic cloves, peeled​
  • 100 g parmesan cheese, grated​
  • 240 g beans (borlotti, red kidney, or cannellini beans are good options; you can use canned beans or cook from dried - in this case start from 120 g dry weight)​
  • 400 g pasta (for example, penne)​
  • 4 eggs​
  • Red chilli flakes (optional topping)​
  • Olive oil (optional topping)​
Method
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.​
  2. Shred the cabbage into small pieces. For smoother results, separate the stalk from the leafy parts (see the end of the post for the method) and cut it into pieces (~ 5 cm long).​
  3. Lightly salt the boiling water and add the cabbage stalks and 4 of the garlic cloves. Cook for 5 min.​
  4. Then, add the leaves. Cook for 5 min more.​
  5. With a slotted spoon, remove the cabbage and the garlic (this way you can use the same water for boiling the pasta).​
  6. Add some more salt to the water and boil the pasta according to the package instructions. Before draining, reserve some of the pasta water.​
  7. Meanwhile, add the wilted cabbage and garlic (including the one left raw) to a blender. Blend while adding some of the pasta water, until it becomes smooth and pourable (a bit thinner than the final texture, as you will still add the cheese).​
  8. Let the mixture cool down for a bit. Then, add the parmesan cheese and mix.​
  9. Transfer part of the sauce to a large bowl and add the cooked pasta and the drained beans. Add more sauce to your desired amount. If necessary, add some more pasta water to thin the sauce and allow it to better coat the pasta. Note: You can save any leftover sauce in the fridge to add to another batch of pasta, beans, or whatever you fancy.​
  10. Fry an egg per portion and add on top of the pasta. Finish with some red chilli flakes and a drizzle of good olive oil.​
Get ready to cozy up with this nutrient-packed pasta and beans! 🍝✨ Delicious and nutritious - the ultimate comfort food.

Pasta and beans with kale sauce sounds like a hearty and nutritious meal! Can't wait to whip up a batch for dinner tonight. 🍝🌿

Back