Pastel de Nata Recipe

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
Pasteis-de-Nata-7.jpg

You won’t believe how incredible these Pastel de Nata turned out! I tried them last weekend, and they were a hit. The flaky, buttery crust and the creamy custard filling are just divine. Here’s how you can make them at home:

Ingredients:

• 1 sheet puff pastry
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 6 large egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Ground cinnamon (for dusting)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 500°F (260°C).
  2. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out circles to fit your muffin tin. Press the pastry into the tins and chill while you make the filling.
  3. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil until it reaches 220°F (104°C). Remove from heat.
  4. In another saucepan, whisk together the heavy cream and flour over medium heat until thickened, then remove from heat.
  5. Slowly whisk the hot sugar syrup into the cream mixture until smooth.
  6. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and vanilla, then gradually add to the cream mixture, whisking constantly.
  7. Pour the custard into the pastry-lined muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full.
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are browned and bubbly.
  9. Let them cool slightly, then dust with cinnamon.
And there you have it! A batch of homemade Pastel de Nata that will make you feel like you’re in a cozy café in Lisbon. Enjoy these delightful treats with a cup of coffee or tea. Trust me, they’re worth every bite! ☕🥐

View attachment 4812

You won’t believe how incredible these Pastel de Nata turned out! I tried them last weekend, and they were a hit. The flaky, buttery crust and the creamy custard filling are just divine. Here’s how you can make them at home:

Ingredients:

• 1 sheet puff pastry
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 6 large egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Ground cinnamon (for dusting)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 500°F (260°C).
  2. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out circles to fit your muffin tin. Press the pastry into the tins and chill while you make the filling.
  3. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil until it reaches 220°F (104°C). Remove from heat.
  4. In another saucepan, whisk together the heavy cream and flour over medium heat until thickened, then remove from heat.
  5. Slowly whisk the hot sugar syrup into the cream mixture until smooth.
  6. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and vanilla, then gradually add to the cream mixture, whisking constantly.
  7. Pour the custard into the pastry-lined muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full.
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are browned and bubbly.
  9. Let them cool slightly, then dust with cinnamon.
And there you have it! A batch of homemade Pastel de Nata that will make you feel like you’re in a cozy café in Lisbon. Enjoy these delightful treats with a cup of coffee or tea. Trust me, they’re worth every bite! ☕🥐
To get that perfect texture, I think letting the custard rest in the fridge overnight before baking allows the flavors to develop. Though, if you’re short on time, chilling it for at least an hour can also work. ❄️

Your Pastel de Nata recipe sounds amazing! I can almost taste the flaky pastry and creamy custard! 😋 I can't wait to try making them at home!

Here's a delightful Pastel de Nata recipe for creamy, flaky Portuguese custard tarts—simply irresistible! 🇵🇹🥧

OMG, I’m obsessed with Pastel de Nata! 🥰 These little custard tarts are like bites of heaven! Can’t wait to try your recipe—it looks divine!

Back