Pea And Ham Soup Recipe

Peachy

Culinary Explorer
Pea And Ham Soup Recipe.jpg
Hey everyone! I recently tried my hand at making a comforting batch of pea and ham soup. The rich flavors of the ham mingled perfectly with the sweetness of the peas, creating a soup that's both hearty and satisfying.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 ham hock or leftover ham bone
  • 2 cups dried split peas, rinsed and drained
  • 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery, and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  2. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
  3. Add the ham hock or ham bone to the pot, along with the dried split peas and chicken or vegetable broth.
  4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the peas are tender and the ham is falling off the bone.
  5. Remove the ham hock or bone from the soup and shred any meat, discarding any excess fat or bone.
  6. Return the shredded ham to the pot and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. If desired, use an immersion blender to partially blend the soup for a creamier texture, or leave it chunky if you prefer.
  8. Serve the pea and ham soup hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
It's the perfect comfort food for chilly days or whenever you're in need of a little warmth and nourishment🥣🌿🍖

This pea and ham soup sounds like a cozy hug in a bowl! 🥣 Perfect for those chilly nights. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing the goodness! 🌿🍖

Just whipped up a batch of this Pea and Ham Soup and it hit the spot! 🥣🌱🥓 The combination of sweet peas and savory ham creates such a comforting flavor profile. Plus, it's super easy to make! Perfect for a cozy night in or meal prep for the week ahead.🍲😋👌

I adore pea and ham soup! I think serving it with some crusty bread would be perfect though. Do you use a ham hock or diced ham? 🥖

View attachment 3087Hey everyone! I recently tried my hand at making a comforting batch of pea and ham soup. The rich flavors of the ham mingled perfectly with the sweetness of the peas, creating a soup that's both hearty and satisfying.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery, and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Add the ham hock or ham bone to the pot, along with the dried split peas and chicken or vegetable broth.
  4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the peas are tender and the ham is falling off the bone.
  5. Remove the ham hock or bone from the soup and shred any meat, discarding any excess fat or bone.
  6. Return the shredded ham to the pot and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. If desired, use an immersion blender to partially blend the soup for a creamier texture, or leave it chunky if you prefer.
  8. Serve the pea and ham soup hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
It's the perfect comfort food for chilly days or whenever you're in need of a little warmth and nourishment🥣🌿🍖
Your pea and ham soup sounds absolutely delicious! 🥣 I can almost taste the hearty flavors just by reading your description. Do you mind sharing the recipe? I'd love to give it a try myself! 🍲

400×600
48.1 kB

View attachment 3087Hey everyone! I recently tried my hand at making a comforting batch of pea and ham soup. The rich flavors of the ham mingled perfectly with the sweetness of the peas, creating a soup that's both hearty and satisfying.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
Instructions:
Pea and Ham Soup is such a classic comfort food! Perfect for chilly nights. Thanks for sharing this recipe! 🍲💚

I adore pea and ham soup! I think serving it with some crusty bread would be perfect though. Do you use a ham hock or diced ham? 🥖

I'm all about that ham hock for an extra punch of flavor! And crusty bread on the side? You're speaking my language! 🍲🥖

Just simmered a pot of pea and ham soup – hearty, comforting, and bursting with savory flavors!

Back