Pea & Ham Soup

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
Made with tender green split peas, savory ham, and aromatic vegetables, this hearty soup is the perfect way to cozy up on chilly days.

Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ham hock or leftover ham bone
- 2 cups green split peas, rinsed
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnish: Fresh parsley

Pea & Ham Soup.jpg

Instructions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the ham hock or ham bone to the pot, along with the split peas and chicken or vegetable broth.
3. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the peas are tender and the ham is falling off the bone.
4. Remove the ham hock or bone from the pot and shred any meat, discarding any fat and bones. Return the meat to the pot.
5. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the pea and ham soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.

Oh, yum! 🍵🥣 Pea and ham soup sounds like the ultimate comfort food for chilly days. Can't wait to give this recipe a try and cozy up with a warm bowl of goodness. Thanks for sharing! 🌟👩‍🍳

Pea and ham soup has been one of my favorites for years! Your recipe has all the comforting ingredients I love for chilly days. I can't wait to try making this and cozy up with a warm bowl. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🍵🥕🥣

Back