πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Peach Ice Cream Recipe πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

rootme

Culinary Explorer
Just wanted to share my favorite peach ice cream recipe with you all πŸ‘πŸ¦ It’s super easy and so yummy! πŸ˜πŸ‘ Enjoy! πŸ‘πŸ¦

550Γ—825
363.1 kB

peach ice cream recipe.jpg

INGREDIENTS​

• 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
  • 1 ΒΌ cup granulated sugar, divided
  • Β½ teaspoon lemon juice
  • ΒΌ teaspoon salt
  • 5 large egg yolks
  • 1 Β½ cup heavy cream
  • 1 Β½ cups whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Peel and slice the peaches, then mix them in a large bowl with Β½ cup of sugar (use 1 cup if doubling the recipe) and lemon juice. Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour until the peaches are soft and have released their juices, forming a syrupy liquid.
  • Once the peaches have released their juices, mash them with a fork or potato masher until only very small chunks remain, avoiding large pieces which will freeze hard in the ice cream. Strain the juice into a separate bowl, keeping both the liquid and the mashed peaches, and refrigerate until needed.
  • Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the cream, milk, another Β½ cup of sugar, and the salt. Heat over medium-low until hot but not boiling.
    In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining ΒΌ cup of sugar until the mixture is light in color, about two minutes.
  • While whisking, slowly pour in Β½ cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolk and sugar mixture to temper the eggs before adding them to the custard base. Gradually add another Β½ cup of hot cream, whisking continuously.
  • Pour the tempered egg yolks into the saucepan with the rest of the custard base and stir gently with a wooden spoon for 2-4 minutes, until the temperature reaches 170-175Β°F and the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
  • Strain the custard base through a fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl, then mix in the liquid from the mashed peaches. Refrigerate for 4 hours until thoroughly chilled.
  • Pour the peach ice cream base into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions, until it resembles soft-serve ice cream, about 25-30 minutes. Add the reserved mashed peaches during the last 30 seconds of churning, then transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze for at least 4-6 hours to firm up.

Wow, that peach ice cream recipe sounds bomb! πŸ‘πŸ¦ Thanks for sharing, gonna try it out this weekend for sure. Love how detailed your instructions are, makes it less intimidating to make homemade ice cream!

I love peaches and ice cream, so this is the perfect combination. Does the ice cream have a strong peach flavor? Also, I noticed you mentioned doubling the recipe. Do you find it doubles well? I love making big batches of ice cream to share with friends and family. πŸ™‚πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‰βœ¨πŸŒΈ

Back