Perfect Roast Chicken with Lemon Herb Pan Sauce

Babylyn15

Novice Foodie
Are you looking for a some herby and tasty chicken recipe? I'll teach a recipe I discovered sometime ago.

So here's a recipe for a perfect roast chicken with a delightful lemon herb pan sauce:

perfect-roast-chicken-with-lemon.jpg

Ingredients:​

For the Roast Chicken:

• 1 whole chicken (about 4-5 pounds)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 lemon, halved
  • Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, and parsley), for stuffing and garnish
For the Lemon Herb Pan Sauce:

• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1 shallot, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Instructions:​

1. Preparing the Chicken:

• Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
  • Rinse the chicken inside and out under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
  • Season the cavity of the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with the halved lemon and a handful of fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley).
  • Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
  • Rub the softened butter all over the outside of the chicken. Season the outside generously with salt and pepper.
2. Roasting the Chicken:

• Place the chicken breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
  • Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
  • Halfway through cooking, baste the chicken with the pan juices. If the skin starts to get too dark, tent it with foil.
3. Making the Lemon Herb Pan Sauce:

• While the chicken is roasting, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
  • Add the finely chopped shallot and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
  • Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
  • Pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and let it reduce slightly for about 5 minutes.
  • Stir in the chopped fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serving:

• Once the chicken is done, transfer it to a cutting board and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
  • Pour any accumulated juices from the cutting board back into the pan sauce.
  • Carve the chicken and arrange on a platter. Garnish with additional fresh herbs.
  • Serve the roast chicken with the lemon herb pan sauce on the side.
You can now enjoy your perfectly roasted chicken with the flavorful lemon herb pan sauce! This dish pairs wonderfully with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple green salad. 🍗

What a drool-worthy recipe 🤤🤩 Thanks for sharing the recipe, gotta try this one soon!

P.S. heard using white wine instead of chicken broth in the pan sauce adds some extra flavor .. might be worth a try! 😊

Oh, this recipe sounds like a winner! 😋 I'm all about that crispy skin and flavorful sauce. I'm definitely trying this out for dinner tonight! 🍋✨

Wow, thanks for sharing your Perfect Roast Chicken with Lemon Herb Pan Sauce recipe! It sounds absolutely mouthwatering and I can't wait to try it out. The combination of lemon and herbs for the pan sauce sounds like it would add such a refreshing twist to the dish. I appreciate you including all the detailed steps, it's super helpful for someone like me who's always looking to elevate their cooking game. Can't wait to impress my family with this recipe! 🍗🍋✨

Just cooked the Perfect Roast Chicken with Lemon Herb Pan Sauce – juicy, flavorful, and the epitome of comfort food done right!

Are you looking for a some herby and tasty chicken recipe? I'll teach a recipe I discovered sometime ago.

So here's a recipe for a perfect roast chicken with a delightful lemon herb pan sauce:

View attachment 1660

Ingredients:​

For the Roast Chicken:

• 1 whole chicken (about 4-5 pounds)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 lemon, halved
  • Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, and parsley), for stuffing and garnish
For the Lemon Herb Pan Sauce:

• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1 shallot, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Instructions:​

1. Preparing the Chicken:

• Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
  • Rinse the chicken inside and out under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
  • Season the cavity of the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with the halved lemon and a handful of fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley).
  • Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
  • Rub the softened butter all over the outside of the chicken. Season the outside generously with salt and pepper.
2. Roasting the Chicken:

• Place the chicken breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
  • Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
  • Halfway through cooking, baste the chicken with the pan juices. If the skin starts to get too dark, tent it with foil.
3. Making the Lemon Herb Pan Sauce:

• While the chicken is roasting, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
  • Add the finely chopped shallot and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
  • Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
  • Pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and let it reduce slightly for about 5 minutes.
  • Stir in the chopped fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serving:

• Once the chicken is done, transfer it to a cutting board and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
  • Pour any accumulated juices from the cutting board back into the pan sauce.
  • Carve the chicken and arrange on a platter. Garnish with additional fresh herbs.
  • Serve the roast chicken with the lemon herb pan sauce on the side.
You can now enjoy your perfectly roasted chicken with the flavorful lemon herb pan sauce! This dish pairs wonderfully with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple green salad. 🍗
This roast chicken with lemon herb pan sauce looks amazing! Has anyone tried adding some garlic cloves to the pan for extra flavor? Can't wait to make this for a cozy dinner! 🍋🍗🌿

Back