Pineapple Pork with Coconut Rice

SilentSeeker

Culinary Explorer
Hi there guys! I am sharing this personal favorite dish of mine. It is easy to make and very yummy! You should try it!

INGREDIENTS​

Pork:
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (I like the SoyVay brand!)
  • 1 pound thinly sliced pork tenderloin (you can buy this pre-cut at a lot of stores, sometimes labeled as “stir fry”)
  • 1–2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
  • olive oil for sautéing
Rice:
Pineapple-Pork.jpg

• one 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 2 cups jasmine rice
Toppings:
  • lime zest
  • cilantro
  • thinly sliced jalapeño
  • crunchy onions

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Prep: Marinate the pork with 1/4 cup of the sauce for 2-3 hours, or a full day. This is low-key and low-stress. Just do it whenever you think of it.

2. Rice: Add the rice ingredients to an Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, followed by a natural pressure release for 10-15 minutes (just let it sit there). Release the steam, fluff with a fork, season with a little salt, and attempt not to eat the whole thing.

3. Pork: Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Add *just* the pork, discarding the excess sauce – if you add all the sauce with it, it will steam the pork instead of caramelizing it. Leave the pork undisturbed in the hot pan for a few minutes at a time to get better caramelization. Throw the pineapple in there and let it get saucy and caramelized, too. Add a few additional tablespoons of sauce AFTER you’ve gotten it nice and brown.

4. Serve: Top your luscious rice with a scoop of the saucy pineapple pork and finish with lime zest, cilantro, crunchy onions, and little slices of jalapeño.

This recipe sounds amazing! I love the combination of sweet pineapple with savory pork, and pairing it with coconut rice sounds like the perfect tropical twist. I can already imagine the flavors melding together beautifully. Can't wait to give this a try for my next dinner party! Thanks for sharing such a delicious idea! 🍍🍚🐖

Hi there guys! I am sharing this personal favorite dish of mine. It is easy to make and very yummy! You should try it!

INGREDIENTS​

Pork:
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (I like the SoyVay brand!)
  • 1 pound thinly sliced pork tenderloin (you can buy this pre-cut at a lot of stores, sometimes labeled as “stir fry”)
  • 1–2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
  • olive oil for sautéing
Rice:View attachment 3137
  • one 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 2 cups jasmine rice
Toppings:
  • lime zest
  • cilantro
  • thinly sliced jalapeño
  • crunchy onions

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Prep: Marinate the pork with 1/4 cup of the sauce for 2-3 hours, or a full day. This is low-key and low-stress. Just do it whenever you think of it.

2. Rice: Add the rice ingredients to an Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, followed by a natural pressure release for 10-15 minutes (just let it sit there). Release the steam, fluff with a fork, season with a little salt, and attempt not to eat the whole thing.

3. Pork: Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Add *just* the pork, discarding the excess sauce – if you add all the sauce with it, it will steam the pork instead of caramelizing it. Leave the pork undisturbed in the hot pan for a few minutes at a time to get better caramelization. Throw the pineapple in there and let it get saucy and caramelized, too. Add a few additional tablespoons of sauce AFTER you’ve gotten it nice and brown.

4. Serve: Top your luscious rice with a scoop of the saucy pineapple pork and finish with lime zest, cilantro, crunchy onions, and little slices of jalapeño.
That sounds delicious! 😋🍍🐷🥥 I'll definitely give it a try, thanks for sharing!

Back