Pizza Pockets for Kids

Marcussikreyvingx

Culinary Explorer
🍕 I discovered the joy of making pizza pockets for my kids, letting them pick their fillings. 🥦 It's a fun way to bond over cooking and ensures they get a tasty, wholesome meal. 🍅

Easy Pizza pockets.jpg

Pizza pockets

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 x 400g packs pre-rolled pizza dough, or 2 x 375g packs ready-rolled puff pastry
150g/5½oz mix of grated mozzarella and cheddar
1 free-range egg, beaten

♥For the pepperoni filling
16 slices pepperoni, halved (2 slices per pocket)

♥For the ham and pineapple filling
4 large slices ham, chopped
227g tin pineapple slices, drained and chopped

♥For the vegetarian filling
1 small red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
80g/2¾oz sweetcorn (tinned is fine)

Method

• Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and oregano and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10–15 minutes until thickened, stirring from time to time and breaking up the lumps of tomato. Leave to cool.

• Unroll the pizza dough (or pastry) and divide each piece into four. Put a spoonful of the tomato sauce on one half of each of the eight pieces of dough. Add your chosen filling, then the cheese. Brush the edges of the dough with beaten egg, then fold the uncovered side over the filling. Press the edges together and crimp with a fork to seal.

• Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.

• Bake the pizza pockets for 20 minutes, until golden and puffed. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before tucking in.

👩‍🍳 Give it a try and watch your little ones enjoy every bite! Cooking together creates precious memories and healthy habits. 🥰

My kids and I tried this and they loved it! Not only did they like the dish but also enjoyed the process of making them together 😌

My kids and I tried this and they loved it! Not only did they like the dish but also enjoyed the process of making them together 😌
Pizza pockets are always a hit with kids! 🍕👧👦 I think using refrigerated crescent roll dough makes them super easy to whip up. Though, to make them healthier, you could stuff them with veggies like bell peppers and mushrooms along with the cheese and pepperoni. Sneaky way to get those nutrients in! 🥦

Back