Poppy Seed Almond Cake

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I just had to share this Poppy Seed Almond Cake recipe I’ve been making for ages. It’s super light, not too sweet, and perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. Plus, the almond flavor with the crunch of poppy seeds is chef’s kiss! 😋 Here’s how to make it:

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup almond flour (gives it a lovely texture!)
  • 3 tbsp poppy seeds
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract (so good!)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
  • Powdered sugar for dusting (optional, but makes it look so pretty)

Directions:​

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and then the almond extract.
  4. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the sour cream to the wet ingredients, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
  5. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  6. Let it cool, then dust with powdered sugar if you want that little extra touch!
    Poppy Seed Almond Cake.jpg
That’s it! 🍰 Let me know if anyone tries it out – I swear it’s a crowd-pleaser!

I love how you’ve combined almond flour and poppy seeds for that extra crunch and flavor. I bet the sour cream makes it super moist too! Definitely perfect for tea time or a cozy afternoon treat😍

Back